I have a hard time remembering 49ers WRs catching passes (1 Viewer)

Krodwhodat

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'll have to look up the stats but seems like they threw TEs and RBs all day. Not sure how we make the adjustments but seems like those are the plays that consistently kill us over the years. I remember in preseason that was our weakness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KV got torched for 100+ yes in coverage and Dajuan Harris exposed our lack of speed/coverage ability at the 2nd level. Other than that yeah their receiving corps was quiet.

Chew on this - Colin friggin' Kaepernick threw for 398 yards against the Saints D and he's been an absolute garbage fire the rest of this season.

Saint's weakness on D for a long time now is speed on the outside, DEs and OLBs. Chip Kelly's sideline to sidelines offense really exposes that.

The Saints' weakness on defense for years has been a lack of speed on the outside at DE and OLB. Chip Kelly's sideline to sideline outside offense really exposes that.

The Falcons burned us with passes to the RBs all day even though we held Julio without a catch (if I recall).

We played a lot of zone guys we're being turned loose but considering all 3 of the sstarting CBs were playing together for the first time it makes sense...outside of BW Webb Moore was playing NB and Breaux boundary for 1st time.

SP alluded to the WRs being turned loose at half

Patton torched us for 120 yards!

#11 "General" Patton, for those unaware, was La Tech's main weapon a couple years back. It was painful to see him drafted by the 49ers, and that was the first time I have seen him in any real action since he was drafted.

Chew on this - Colin friggin' Kaepernick threw for 398 yards against the Saints D and he's been an absolute garbage fire the rest of this season.

I noticed a lot of balls that were going to wide open receivers but were badly thrown, too. It's a good thing Kaepernick sucks.

The two big passing plays for TDs to that RB and the TE came as a result of our linebackers completely out of place and out of sync in coverage .... more and more reason to fire Joe Vitt with immediate effect ...

The two big passing plays for TDs to that RB and the TE came as a result of our linebackers completely out of place and out of sync in coverage .... more and more reason to fire Joe Vitt with immediate effect ...

IIRC the TD to the RB came as a result of Vonn Bell leaving his coverage and deciding to rush the QB. It was a Stephone Anthony-esque mistake and resulted in that TD.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom