I have a new phone (1 Viewer)

saintingeorgia

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I have found a new cell phone. It has not gone through the setup-up wizard. I am currently trying to find the owners, (phone company and local paper lost and found)Its new so there is no info in the phone. My question is if I dont find the owner, what can I do with this phone?

O.K. well let me phrase this better. Even if I wanted to use it, which I dont, it still belongs to someone. There is a number(the phone's number) in it, someone probably has an account for it, so I cant change it to my number can I? By the same token, I cant sell it. And if all of this is true, then why do people steal so many cell phones? What good are they to them?

Well first of all if you want to really find the owner if you know the carrier the best thing to do would be to call them. Second, if you don't know what the carrier is, divulging the make and model of the phone may help to do that. Third, if you are not able to find the owner, we can help you with your options with that knowledge. For instance, if it is a iphone 2g, 3g, or 3gs, you can swap out pretty much any ATT SIM card into the phone and use it with your phone number. If it's an iPhone 4, you cannot. If it's a Sprint phone, there is no SIM card. Stuff like that.

Well, I do know the carrier, and I have contacted them. They told me they do not have a number for the people, only an email, yet they told me if I bring them the phone, they will send it to them in the mail. Didn't make sense to me so I told them to have the people contact me. I was just mainly curious that if someone did not claim it, could I do something(sell maybe)with it:idunno:.

Well first of all if you want to really find the owner if you know the carrier the best thing to do would be to call them. Second, if you don't know what the carrier is, divulging the make and model of the phone may help to do that. Third, if you are not able to find the owner, we can help you with your options with that knowledge. For instance, if it is a iphone 2g, 3g, or 3gs, you can swap out pretty much any ATT SIM card into the phone and use it with your phone number. If it's an iPhone 4, you cannot. If it's a Sprint phone, there is no SIM card. Stuff like that.

You can't switch sim cards on the iPhone 4? Really? This another Apple control freak thing?

The phone's owner was murdered. The killer ditched the phone. Now you have it. Good luck. I've seen too many "First 48" episodes.

If it has a SIM card, swap it. Voila!
If it doesn't have a SIM card, Factory Reset. Voila!

Find out what carrier it is, then call in and tell them the phone is lost, give them the ESN # and they will find out who owns the phone for you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom