I have a possible monster question for New Jersey residents (1 Viewer)

Saintman2884

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Okay, the PNW and Alaska have Bigfoot, Sasquatch, and the North American version of the Abominable Snowman, the Southwest has the Chupacabras, or supposed goat sucking creatures that look like deranged possums on steroids, the Deep South has bad fraud photo shopped Hogzilla's living in both Alabama and its Georgia, and then their is the Jersey Devil.

Supposedly, according to Colonial American folklore, this creature was actually the 13th child of a weird New Jersey family in 1735 who the matriarch was accused of being a witch and doing some things that would have gotten her burned at the stake at the Salem Witch Trials. When her 13th child was conceived, it came out normal, but then it started transforming into a hideous, sinister hooked horned like creature, the woman was absolutely terrorized and the deformed monster child supposedly went up the chimney and out into the New Jersey wilderness, where it has remained to this day.

Endless sightings of this supposed winged creature have been vividly described over the past 250 years now, in the Southern rural parts of New Jersey, the Pine Barrens wooded areas to be specific. All of them seem to say the same thing or have similar descriptions of this folkloric creature living in Southern New Jersey.

Bruce Springsteen has mentioned it numerous times on Halloween concerts and on his website as well, the NHL has named it's team in Jersey after this creature, and quite a few other rock bands have inferred into this, their was even a time in 1909 where for a week numerous people in Pennsylvania, New York, and New Jersey saw this creature in public, their were sighting in cities, along trolley cars, and townspeople in three states during a week called Phenomena Week.
And their also was a sighting this past year in Montauk, New York, where a creature was found by a girl and her boyfriend, something that looked like a Jersey Devil, I think in July 2008 IIRC washed up on a beach I think.

so the plot thickens so to speak.

If any people from the New York tri-state area, New Jersey, extreme eastern Pennsylvania, on Sr.com have any stories to tell, or have any other information on this or personal stories to add, just feel free to add to the argument. The History Channel and Monster quest have really pimped this thing up for years now, and I'm watching the story about it right now.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ynjIoymWHvU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ynjIoymWHvU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

untitled-2.jpg

?

And their also was a sighting this past year in Montauk, New York, where a creature was found by a girl and her boyfriend, something that looked like a Jersey Devil, I think in July 2008 IIRC washed up on a beach I think.

That was a dog.

The History Channel and Monster quest have really pimped this thing up for years now, and I'm watching the story about it right now.

I like that show, but it hasn't been around for "years." And the Jersey Devil episode aired in 2009.

not to sure about this.could be true but no way with all the people in the world in Jersey now that it could exist.how could it live this long?what is it eating?etc etc.Just a Folklore from way back.

not to sure about this.could be true but no way with all the people in the world in Jersey now that it could exist.how could it live this long?what is it eating?etc etc.Just a Folklore from way back.

Well it was a child that turned into a horned flying beast. The life span for that sort of thing probably tops out around 500 years or so, so it could easily still be a alive. Also my wife is from South Jersey and I've spent quite a bit of time there and in the Pines and the only frighting thing that I have seen out there where a few KKK members riding around on four wheelers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom