I have a serious question (1 Viewer)

Higher

Very Banned
Reaction score
I said on this forum early on that I thought these two running for president are the worse we have ever had to choose from. So now my question is for those of you who plan on voting for Mrs. Clinton. I am sure that you have seen the Wikileaks's info and maybe even the project veritas videos, so does that have any effect on your vote? All of the e mails and the video show a very different person than she publicly portrays and I would be questioning my vote for her after seeing this stuff.

OP
Higher

Higher

Very Banned
Reaction score
Also Clinton is now saying the election is rigged against her by the Russians because of the hacks. So how could the hacks hurt her unless they show the real person she is and the country won't like her.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Here's the deal, we are now at the point where we are forced to grow up as media consuming Americans - especially as it relates to our politicians
we are past the point where we should be shocked by clay feet
no one rises to this level of power (political, business, entertainment, et al) without the overwhelming probability of lots of dirt

I'm sure you're upset b/c we're losing Obama and might never have such a good person/family in the White House - but we know Obama is an anomaly - most president we've had are dirty, most candidates who've run for office are dirty

we will have to grow up and realize that to be human is to be flawed and what we are choosing is the person who will run the country the best way not who a Penny Marshall movie should be made about

OP
Higher

Higher

Very Banned
Reaction score
I didn't mention Obama because he isn't up for re election. But now that you brought him up I'll be honest in that I didn't vote for him, McCain, or Romney. So I don't know why you brought that up but I guess it's because you don't want to answer the question. Just saying that all politicians are dirty doesn't answer it. So I wonder how dirty they have to be for you to draw the line.

mt15

Subscribing Member
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
You must realize that the sources you are watching, reading and listening to about the emails are terribly compromised. Project veritas has paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to settle lawsuits from people they have smeared with purposefully misleading videos.

RetroMcBananaFace

AKA: retrobanana
Reaction score
Wow, leading questions much?

Veritas is BS propaganda. Don't hide your intentions. If you think she's bad and you'd rather vote for Trump, great, but don't think that by posing this "question" right now you'll actually sway anybody.

not2rich

NO State of Mind
Reaction score
I said on this forum early on that I thought these two running for president are the worse we have ever had to choose from. So now my question is for those of you who plan on voting for Mrs. Clinton. I am sure that you have seen the Wikileaks's info and maybe even the project veritas videos, so does that have any effect on your vote? All of the e mails and the video show a very different person than she publicly portrays and I would be questioning my vote for her after seeing this stuff.
Nothing in the WikiLeaks dumps changes my opinion of Clinton, and she seems to be exactly the person I thought she was. She's a cautious, experienced, cynical, career politician.

The other choice is an unqualified, self-serving scumbag.

Still an easy - very easy -choice in my view.

OP
Higher

Higher

Very Banned
Reaction score
Funny that you guys are going after the source of the information and not what the video shows or the e mails show. Defend that. Don't attack the source, dispute what's on the video or what is contained in the e mails. I really don't think you can and be honest. That's what makes her one of the two worse candidates for president ever.

mt15

Subscribing Member
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The emails come from illegal activity. They are stolen and could have been altered by the thieves who are believed to be acting on orders from Russia. The videos come from a man who has been proven to mislead by selective editing.

They show politics at work. There's nothing in there that's a deal breaker, unlike almost everything about Trump.

Galbreath34

Very Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
When you have a source lying and distorting, yeah, it matters. The producer of the video has been convicted of crimes related to his videos, and has paid hundreds of thousands of dollars in civil penalties for outright lying and manipulating via editing to try to "prove" the opposite. I'm not going to bother posting O'Keefe's history, you just make yourself look like either the biggest moron or shill in the world when you still try to trumpet his work after the dozens of times he's been outed and even convicted.

The claims he makes don't stand up when you look at the emails.

RetroMcBananaFace

AKA: retrobanana
Reaction score
Funny that you guys are going after the source of the information and not what the video shows or the e mails show. Defend that. Don't attack the source, dispute what's on the video or what is contained in the e mails. I really don't think you can and be honest. That's what makes her one of the two worse candidates for president ever.
Let's for the sake of argument address your OP.

I've seen the emails and the video, I see the political scandals one would expect of an unsavory candidate. Nothing I wouldn't expect, under the circumstances.

I don't like either candidate, I am probably voting 3rd party, but the Trump camp is desperately clinging to these emails because it's pretty much the only real ammunition they have, and in the face of Trump's loose cannon buffoonish behavior, it's just not enough.

Saint by the Bay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The emails don't show what most of the media reports say they show.

However, if I may quote the great Dennis Green, she is who we thought she was, and the Republicans let her off the hook!

The emails show Hillary is who we thought she was. We aren't learning anything from these emails, just confirming. I think the latest negatives on her are around 65%. She's not winning because she's liked or trusted, she's winning because the Republicans nominated a classless, ignorant, lying entitled buffoon. As bad as Hillary is, and she's awful, Trump is actually worse. In fact, he has nearly every short coming Hillary has and a bunch she doesn't have.

OP
Higher

Higher

Very Banned
Reaction score
Let's for the sake of argument address your OP.

I've seen the emails and the video, I see the political scandals one would expect of an unsavory candidate. Nothing I wouldn't expect, under the circumstances.

I don't like either candidate, I am probably voting 3rd party, but the Trump camp is desperately clinging to these emails because it's pretty much the only real ammunition they have, and in the face of Trump's loose cannon buffoonish behavior, it's just not enough.
This is what I was looking for. I agree with you and will also be looking hard at 3rd party. I will not vote for either of the two on that debate stage tonight.

OP
Higher

Higher

Very Banned
Reaction score
The emails don't show what most of the media reports say they show.

However, if I may quote the great Dennis Green, she is who we thought she was, and the Republicans let her off the hook!

The emails show Hillary is who we thought she was. We aren't learning anything from these emails, just confirming. I think the latest negatives on her are around 65%. She's not winning because she's liked or trusted, she's winning because the Republicans nominated a classless, ignorant, lying entitled buffoon. As bad as Hillary is, and she's awful, Trump is actually worse. In fact, he has nearly every short coming Hillary has and a bunch she doesn't have.
The only thing I would disagree with you on is that Trump is worse. I think they are equally as bad for different reasons. I don't think you could combine these two and come up with a decent person for the office.

Yoweigh

is not a rookie
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The only thing I would disagree with you on is that Trump is worse. I think they are equally as bad
Yet you only attack one of them. The reality is that you wouldn't like the Democrat candidate no matter what. Clinton is awful by default. Since Trump is awful, they must be equivalent, also by default.

mt15

Subscribing Member
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I don't care if people don't like Clinton, but they are in no way equivalently awful. There's just no way Clinton screws up the country like Trump would. He's epically unqualified to hold the office.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)