I have a strong feeling that next week's match up could end up like the New England game in 09 (1 Viewer)

DerrickB

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Nobody would give us the proper respect until we embarrassed the powerhouse franchise, the New England Patriots. On top of that, this is a very different 4-4 team than from previous seasons. The defense is playing a whole lot better from what we have seen in the past. Third game in a row we held an opponent under 30 points, keep it up!!

Last edited:
Kaepernick still lit up the first half for 285 yards. We were lucky to get the turnovers to keep them from scoring. Most teams that their QB has 280+ yards before halftime, they are the ones blowing out the opposite team.

All in all, I'm glad the defense picked it up in the second half. I was worried it was going to be like the Saints/Giants game like last year.

I'm hoping to see Rankins start next week. He seems like he is fitting in. He did get a decent hit on Kaepernick on one play. With Cam and Rankins, I see us finally getting more pressure on the QB. I can't wait for next week. I'm excited!

I don't think Brees will have all day to sit in the pocket and completely destroy Denver's defense like he did against NE in 09. We will be handing the ball off a lot to Ingram and Hightower to wear down that D and control the clock at home. Our RBs, including Kuhn, should be ready for some serious work Sunday.

I have no problem with that.

I don't think Brees will have all day to sit in the pocket and completely destroy Denver's defense like he did against NE in 09. We will be handing the ball off a lot to Ingram and Hightower to wear down that D and control the clock at home. Our RBs, including Kuhn, should be ready for some serious work Sunday.

Nobody would give us the proper respect until we embarrassed the powerhouse franchise, the New England Patriots. On top of that, this is a very different 4-4 team than from previous seasons. The defense is playing a whole lot better from what we have seen in the past. Third game in a row we held an opponent under 30 points, keep it up!!

You think good teams are going to turn the ball over? The defense is playing better but they are giving up tons of yards + big plays. You guys are seriously overrating them right now. Yes, I'm pleasantly surprised seeing them getting better but don't fool yourself. These guy need to cut down on the mental mistakes.

You think good teams are going to turn the ball over? The defense is playing better but they are giving up tons of yards + big plays. You guys are seriously overrating them right now. Yes, I'm pleasantly surprised seeing them getting better but don't fool yourself. These guy need to cut down on the mental mistakes.

While it is true that good teams usually don't turn the ball over but the last couple of weeks the defense has forced turnovers............big difference........:scratch:

I'm really curious if we'll be a favorite this week.

Most of the lines are up but they must be waiting on news of some of the Bronco's injuries.

I'm more hopeful than I was a few weeks ago, but let's not kid ourselves...

The defense didn't play well yesterday considering who we were playing.

We held a very bad offense below thirty points. They haven't scored 30 all season, but it was probably one of their best statistical offensive performances all season.

Starting Broncos DE Wolfe fractured elbow last night. Reported he'll miss time this morning.

They'll still make you earn every yard no matter how many injuries they have. The Raiders had everything go right yesterday. Caught two bobbled passes, Broncos dropped at least one INT, etc.

Whether we win is a question, much less a blowout. We've been in this spot at least 4 other times under Payton and we've ended up losing the "get above .500" game every single time.

Kaepernick still lit up the first half for 285 yards. We were lucky to get the turnovers to keep them from scoring. Most teams that their QB has 280+ yards before halftime, they are the ones blowing out the opposite team.

Sort of "bend but don't break". That's served Payton pretty well over the years. It really demoralizes offenses, and eats the clock.

I'm all for positive thought, but I don't know about this one. The Denver defense may in fact be hitting a bit of a wall, but the are still deadly rushing the quarterback. The Saints' D is showing signs of competency, but they're not quite there yet.

There's a better than average chance that New Orleans can win the game, but I don't think that a statement game prediction is in order just yet.

I do hope I'm wrong though, 'cause that would be cool.

Most important game of the season. We didn't go 0-4 to start the season. But in the past, we've fought to get to .500 and immediately lose then keep bouncing back and forth trying to get above it, before ultimately failing. 7-9

We've done what winning, good teams would have done these last five weeks. Yeah, we dropped the Chiefs game, but they're a hard team to beat at home.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom