I have an Idea (1 Viewer)

IradMax

Roll Tide & Roll Wave
Reaction score
After the events of yesterday that came out way from Atlanta, I came up with an idea for when we open the season against the Clowns. Nobody wear white in honor of Steve Gleason (no white flags) and have him start the Who Dat chant before the game. Really stick it to Atlanta. Thoughts please.

I'm not going to pin what a few radio hosts said on the whole city of ATL or the Falcons

I can applaud you for wanting to accomplish this, but these things never work.

just a thought I am not pinning this on Atl just thought it might make the dome less welcoming for our visitors.

just a thought I am not pinning this on Atl just thought it might make the dome less welcoming for our visitors.

That's really not what this city is about. It's pretty much the exact opposite. We kill them with kindness and hospitality (in example, see the Gleason camp's response to the events of yesterday; 100% class). We're trying to not have a reputation like 49ers/Eagles/Bears fans.

And as already stated, the whole "not wearing white" thing won't exactly work. Main reason being, Payton likes to open the first few home games of the season wearing white jerseys. A lot of people will wear their white jersey just because the team is wearing white.

But I do appreciate the enthusiasm.

every little thing in life is not a big deal that needs to be taken further than it needs to be. the gleason's will get some publicity from this and then it should just run its course. then move on. no one needs to be reminded of those radio idgits.

I don't feel like the gleason thing is a big deal. I thought the egging of the bus was a ******bag move by the most ******bag team and fans in the NFL, but this gleason thing was just for comedy.
I have always maintained that nothing is off limits when it comes to comedy. that includes rape, *******, death, and illness.
if this had been some radio station in a non-NFL city it wouldn't have even made the news, but the fact that it was our rivals made it so.
was it in poor taste? sure, but so are fart and dick jokes, and we all still laugh at those.

tried to find it and i can't for some reason, but fellow saints fan, doug stanhope wrote a phenomenal open letter about why nothing should be off limits for comedy.

The egg thing was only an issue because it happened at the airport.. if it had happened anywhere else, it would have just barely been news..

After the events of yesterday that came out way from Atlanta, I came up with an idea for when we open the season against the Clowns. Nobody wear white in honor of Steve Gleason (no white flags) and have him start the Who Dat chant before the game. Really stick it to Atlanta. Thoughts please.
Not a good idea

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom