I have never been more depressed starting a season (4 Viewers)

I'm really ready for this team to just completely be gutted and they quite literally start over.

I'm really ready for this team to just completely be gutted and they quite literally start over.
And being the Browns does what good? lol Ya'll some biggest pansy I've ever seen. Oh, boo hoo... Lets do what really bad teams do every 3 or 4 years. Completely scrap the team and rebuild... The Raider only been doing that for 14 years and maybe actually a good team this year.

What's worrying me is our mental toughness. I know I wasn't the only one who knew the game was lost after the fumble recovery. So far, were not showing enough grit to fight back. I hope it's just a preseason thing but it's concerning.

I see a team that plays with absolutely no passion or physicality. I read a bunch of reports about how physical our practices were but that physicality didn't translate into none of our pre-season games.

This team also appears to be the least talented team of the Sean Payton era. Lack of passion + lack of talent = disaster. Payton has his work cut out for him.

I wonder how that 2008 Lions team felt after going 4-0 in preseason.

You people are calling for a total gutting of the team. Literally 2 or 3 players would change the entire outlook of everyone in here. Preseason means nothing.

And being the Browns does what good? lol Ya'll some biggest pansy I've ever seen. Oh, boo hoo... Lets do what really bad teams do every 3 or 4 years. Completely scrap the team and rebuild... The Raider only been doing that for 14 years and maybe actually a good team this year.

And there are teams you could also make an example out of that did it right and are now title contenders or at the very least young up and coming teams.

It's simple for me, this era of Saints football is done. People that want to be optimists on this site, go ahead I'm not going to argue with you, but I'm a realist. The Drew Brees window will not remain open long enough to build a competitive ball club. That's just the sad truth. This team will be lucky to get to .500 this year, and thinking this team is going to hit the lotto in the draft and free agency isn't being realistic.

I'm a Saints fan first and foremost. I have never been and will never be a bigger Drew Brees fan or Sean Payton fan, than I am a Saints fan. Maybe it's the fact that I'm also a huge Pelicans fan, but I know how these franchises operate. They will continue to mortgage the future for short term success and relevancy.

It's just my opinion, but I would much rather this franchise take their lumps now rather can continue down this destructive path chasing success while Drew Brees is still good enough. There is a hole being dug here, and every season this franchise continues to be delusional about their chances of success that hole will get deeper and deeper and more difficult to climb out of, and next thing you know we will be Cleveland or Oakland.

I wonder how that 2008 Lions team felt after going 4-0 in preseason.

You people are calling for a total gutting of the team. Literally 2 or 3 players would change the entire outlook of everyone in here. Preseason means nothing.

This is exactly the issue, this team is WAY more than 2 or 3 years players changing the mood on this forum. You could argue it needs 3 on the OL alone.

The only 2 things keeping me positive are the fact that the 08 lions went 4-0 in the preseason and we also usually have good seasons when we start the season off with a home game

Every time we chose to not take care of the offensive line. Not keeping the critical piece of the team in tact. In widdled away little by little. A small hit here, another there. The o line got worse. And now it is shameful.

You can talk about the defense all you want. We just don't have the right defensive philosophy, coaching and culture.

But it's the offense that matters most. And we let the most important piece of the offense fall apart.

The neglect and failure to self analyze is the shame. We reached for project players in areas not of need or at least immediate need. Those picks have not worked out. So not only do we draft players that can't make an immediate impact there are some real questions weather they ever will.

We have a lot of money tied up in dead contracts in bad contracts and just more bad decisions.

Further more we neglected the single most important strength of our in division rivals, they all have very good defensive linemen and pass rushers.

So if we are having whiskey, I'm in pour me a double, scratch that just pass me the bottle

This is exactly the issue, this team is WAY more than 2 or 3 years players changing the mood on this forum. You could argue it needs 3 on the OL alone.

Over/Under 5 wins

I'll take the over, loser donates $10 to SR.com

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom