I have never been more depressed starting a season (1 Viewer)

This is exactly the issue, this team is WAY more than 2 or 3 years players changing the mood on this forum. You could argue it needs 3 on the OL alone.

Yet you aren't nearly close to qualified to make that assessment so let's wait and see

The neglect and failure to self analyze is the shame. We reached for project players in areas not of need or at least immediate need. Those picks have not worked out. So not only do we draft players that can't make an immediate impact there are some real questions weather they ever will.

We have a lot of money tied up in dead contracts in bad contracts and just more bad decisions.

Further more we neglected the single most important strength of our in division rivals, they all have very good defensive linemen and pass rushers.

So if we are having whiskey, I'm in pour me a double, scratch that just pass me the bottle

:dedhrse::dedhrse::dedhrse::dedhrse:

It's what happens when teams win for a few years and a great QB and a couple of other players get greedy and eat up all the cap space. We could see it coming and this group couldn't ever build a defense to save their life.

just wait..if we lose bad against the raiders. All hell will break loose
as it should.

The thing will be to watch, if we lose and it's due to persistent flaws in a player, if or when the staff makes the necessary change.

They tend to not make the change until it's beyond obvious and more games have been lost. See Charles Brown.

Whoa seriously scary when you are trying to be positive and you are wagering we will have more than 5 wins.

He's the one basically saying we're a dumpster fire. I'm giving him odds in his favor if that's the case.

Anyone who watched last year can clearly see that the 1st team defense is better than last year. That alone is going to contribute to 2 wins. Many games last year were lost because of the defense not being able to come up with a stop. Let's up the ante.

Over/Under 7 wins

I'll take the over same wager.

I'm ready..I'll enjoy this season regardless...the below is talking btw.

Jack-Donaghy-Pouring-Alcohol-Loop-30-Rock.gif

Good gravy. Pretty sure this was preseason. Pretty sure a lot of those penalties I saw tonight were by people who won't be on the team come Saturday. Maybe we'll be putrid this year. But there is no way you can assume anything from preseason. New England and Green Bay lost today. Guess their season is in the toilet. We just saw a game where the starters played sparingly. But let's see, the guys who will actually be playing had two scoring drives and forced two punts. We dominated the first quarter. We are not relying on the guys who played the last 3 quarters, many of whom will be cut. I'm optimistic that our offense will be as good as always and that our very young defense will improve.

It's what happens when teams win for a few years and a great QB and a couple of other players get greedy and eat up all the cap space. We could see it coming and this group couldn't ever build a defense to save their life.
Lol.

Brees contract is reasonable and not a factor. The issue is the bad and expensive FA signings, the Galette contract, swuandering of draft picks and bad drafting with those left a d bad coaching hires.

All of that on top of a finesse brand of football that at least offensively runs on timing.

at least the detectors at the gates of the dome haven't learned to pick up on the plastic flask full of jack daniels yet....makes it much easier to not remember what happens on the field

The neglect and failure to self analyze is the shame. We reached for project players in areas not of need or at least immediate need. Those picks have not worked out. So not only do we draft players that can't make an immediate impact there are some real questions weather they ever will.

We have a lot of money tied up in dead contracts in bad contracts and just more bad decisions.

Further more we neglected the single most important strength of our in division rivals, they all have very good defensive linemen and pass rushers.

So if we are having whiskey, I'm in pour me a double, scratch that just pass me the bottle

Atlanta has a pass rush?

Lol.

Brees contract is reasonable and not a factor. The issue is the bad and expensive FA signings, the Galette contract, swuandering of draft picks and bad drafting with those left a d bad coaching hires.

All of that on top of a finesse brand of football that at least offensively runs on timing.

Black Ladder, can you give SP a chance to rebuild this team ?/ (We are rebuilding) You're like a broken record. Everyone is aware of the mistakes made in the past.. You think you're wise guy and know more than anyone on here.

Lol.

The vast majority of the offenses in the NFL today are timing based. Really, the only offenses that I know of on halfway successful teams that don't mainly rely on timing are Norv Turner’s obsolete one in Minny that works because of one of the best running backs of this generation, and Seattle’s scramble-drill offense, and even they are incorporating alot more 5 wide quick passes.

Meh. I'm actually excited for our defense, we have the most talent in our front 4 probably in the Payton era. We actually have a couple linebackers that can cover, not world beaters but average. Secondary we will have some growing pains across from Breaux but all our backup corners have had their moments.

Offense is another story, I like our WR's and RB's better but the god damn that line depresses me. Unger is top 10, Armstead top 3, Strief is steady, not a world beater but there are much worse right tackles. Peat is disappointing but I can't blame him because he's on his 4th position along the line in 2 years, I mean what the **** Payton. And it's rare for a team to not have one weak spot on the line, ours is Lelito. There just seems to be a lack of cohesiveness from play calling to execution. I'd wave it off as preseason but it was the same story last year. Something just isn't right.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom