I have never started a disrespect thread (Madden ratings) (1 Viewer)

Hard to take Madden grades seriously. Game mechanics don't reflect reality. They have to try and balance their game. Grades, especially specific attributes, are the easiest way to do that.

But they don’t, and never will.

Why? Because all they care about is keeping the idiots who spend hundreds and thousands every year on Ultimate Team happy. Since they have zero competition, they can literally put the same exact game out every year with a new cover and people will still buy their $60 roster update and those Ultimate Team bums will still waste money on players that become useless less than a year later.

EA only cares about their greed, not making a realistic football game.

Please forgive my Grumpy Old Man bit here -- the first 10 years or so of Madden was indeed better. Players were rated on a 15-high scale that was easy to understand and matched reality. It was the perfect middle ground between Tecmo-bowl's hilarious overstatement of Bo Jackson's talents (otherworldly as they were) and today's glam-boy, diva-driven horse hockey that has people playing a game where CMC is portrayed as being better than Kamara. I prefer reality, myself ;)

But they don’t, and never will.

Why? Because all they care about is keeping the idiots who spend hundreds and thousands every year on Ultimate Team happy. Since they have zero competition, they can literally put the same exact game out every year with a new cover and people will still buy their $60 roster update and those Ultimate Team bums will still waste money on players that become useless less than a year later.

EA only cares about their greed, not making a realistic football game.

Never really played it except some really old releases. Partly for the reason you are stating (same as CoD, etc). I'm just talking game development in general. They may brush over it, be really bad at it or just be biased to feature specific teams/players. Regardless it goes through a playtesting and balancing phase as a video game. For that reason, of all the rankings you can find anywhere on the internet it's the most worthless imo.

Madden became too much for me at some point in the '00s. I preferred the NCAA series but, you know, Ed O'Bannon. Instead of paying $60 for a NFL roster update I just download a college roster update for free.

I guarantee the cowboys have like 7 90's
Like everyear no matter their record. I stop playing madden they dumb down the game to sell which is cool but sucks for hardcore gamers. I tried a few years ago if you play online people run to the sideline and throw 60 yard bomb while their d line just laid on ground for 30 seconds. Or Double move and fake out the safety and cornerback forn75 yd pass. Score should be 35 to 42.

I think that should be switched around. AK41 is a better runner than CMC. You could argue that CMC is a little better as a receiver, but I’d argue against that too.
CMC high usage is ridiculous compared to Kamara. Kamara is all round better.

Felt like it started going downhill when they added the "gameflow" playbook or whatever it's called. AKA dummy mode.

Since MT isn't a speed merchant, I can understand their thinking, but Kamara rated where he is?

C'MON, MAN!!!!!

CMC high usage is ridiculous compared to Kamara. Kamara is all round better.
Yeah CMC had similar numbers to Kamara last year but CMC needed way more touches. I don't even want Kamara getting near that amount.

Don't like their ratings? Edit them before you start your franchise. I do or I should say I did every year. Last Madden I bought was 2017.

Don't really plan to buy another until they really make an updated game worth me shelling out 70+ dollars.

Why does this bother anyone? Seriously, it's just a video game. There's a similar thread on the Falcons board about this same topic. I could only laugh and shake my head. Then I come here and see the same thing. We're better than this.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom