I have no faith in defense (2 Viewers)

Watching James L getting trucked was quite embarrassing to see vs Oakland.
Often times he looked over whelmed by speed or strength. I don't think he is the answer at the MIKE.
I think he was done two years ago, but the defensive coaches think he's the answer to getting the defense aligned correctly.

I think he was done two years ago, but the defensive coaches think he's the answer to getting the defense aligned correctly.

There's no question that's why he was brought in. My question is if they're that bad aligned properly how bad would they be misaligned.

Jaguar are in the same boat. They drafted Myles Jack at top of second round. He had a good pre-season yet only played 4 plays on defense in the opener while slow Pozluzny plays the whole game to get the defense aligned.

How about devising a defense that playmakers can get on the field and make plays. That's all I'm asking.

I say we sign crazy Greg Hardy to a 1 year contract that is laced with incentives to behave. Arrange it such that most of it pays out towards the end of the contract, including a bonus for still being with the team on the last game of the season. Remember that anyone signed at this point is not guaranteed. Heck, we may be able to cut him if he's misbehaving after Rankins returns. Couple that with better CB play, and we might be okay.

Hopefully this is not your first season. Because having no faith in defense has been a recurring theme in the last 11 seasons under Sean Payton. That unit has singlehandedly been responsible for every failure over the last decade and has wasted Drew Brees' career. If not for 2009 this whole era would have been a colossal failure.

Yes, yes, this whole era would have been a colossal failure. Because even if you leave 2009 out of the picture we would have tripled the amount of playoff wins in franchise history, had our first first round bye, first NFC championship game appearance, first road playoff win and first 13 win season. Screams colossal failure to me too.

Just watching the Steelers D, and I'm so jealous how they disguise their pass rush and hardly ever miss tackles. They're aggressive and tough!

Oz - I was thinking very similar thoughts last night watching that game. One thing that was clear to me is that Steelers have real, tough athletes on defense in all positions flying around the field making plays.

Yes, yes, this whole era would have been a colossal failure. Because even if you leave 2009 out of the picture we would have tripled the amount of playoff wins in franchise history, had our first first round bye, first NFC championship game appearance, first road playoff win and first 13 win season. Screams colossal failure to me too.

You sound like a LSU fan. With Brees at QB we should have had 3 Super Bowls by now. Your list screams nothing but failure. While teams like the Patriots list Super Bowl accomplishments you list a road playoff win as some sort of achievement. A damn road playoff win.

I haven't been too impressed with James L as well. Doesn't mean squat to be lined up correctly if you still can't make the play. Hoping he picks his game up.

If Dennis Allen doesn't know better than to have Larenitis in the nickel defense trying to cover people, and continues to give Mauti and Harper reps over Anthony and Bell this defense has no chance. For God's sake can we get playmakers on the field!

I don't know what you watched but I thought the defense played quite well before Breaux got injured!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom