I have no faith in defense (1 Viewer)

What DID happen to Anthony? The only time I remember seeing him in the game was when he made a tackle 3 yards behind the line.

We really don't have any play maker at the front 7. Cam Jordan was very disappointed yesterday. After D. Breaux went out, it seems like we switched more to zone coverage and only rushed with 4 and sometime 3. Carr had all day to pick our zone apart in the 4 quarter.
We did try to man up a couple times but our DBs just couldn't keep up with their WRs.

There is an extremely long line for this, you may to walk a while til you finally find it.

Hey! glad to hear from you. I still have faith in the defense, so I'm in the short line :hihi:. Our defense is going to have some growing pains due to all the new players we have and some playing different positions and learning a new defense. We still don't have enough good depth, just look at our CB situation again. It has been decimated by injury. We have Kikaha, Swann, Wilson, Rankins and now Breaux on PUP or IR. Those are defensive starters. Our defense looked gassed in the 4th qtr. because we have no depth. Our young CB's will be thrown to the wolves, it will be a trial by fire for them. Paul Kruger has been playing OLB/DE in a 34 system. Now we have playing DE in a 43, it will take him some time to adjust. Who is Fairleys' back-up since Rankins was hurt? It seemed to me he played every down. I believe they will get better as the season goes on.

We really don't have any play maker at the front 7. Cam Jordan was very disappointed yesterday. After D. Breaux went out, it seems like we switched more to zone coverage and only rushed with 4 and sometime 3. Carr had all day to pick our zone apart in the 4 quarter.
We did try to man up a couple times but our DBs just couldn't keep up with their WRs.

Knowing the outcome of the game, I wish we'd tried to bring more pressure even if we didn't get there and gave up a big play. At least it would have left our offense with more time on the clock...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Defense is a concern.

I expect most of our games to be track meets. Luckily, we can run with the best of them offensively.

Not sure there's an easy fix for defense.

Someone should really let one of these people coach the team for a game... then maybe they would stop second guessing EVERY decision. That would be must-see TV

Someone should really let one of these people coach the team for a game... then maybe they would stop second guessing EVERY decision. That would be must-see TV

Sounds like a good idea. I'll volunteer. The take home check for one game should be good.

After watching the Stacked redskins get owned I feel much better about our D. 2nd half we had them at 10points and Craptree and 1 catch for blah yards. Breaux goes out..Crawley comes in and Crabtree proceeded to eat his lunch.

Allen will develop a game plan that compensates for Breaux this week. Odell will likely run wild but the key will be stopping everyone else. We held the TE in check and the Run game in check until that explosive run and Crabtree in check until the injury.

Payton's right we were on schedule at the half. This was inspite of the lack of PassRush. The few hits we had and the blitzes we ran had an affect on Carr (tough lil sucker) where he saw ghost a few times. We didn't get enough plays from our playmakers. Byrd I'm disappointed in and he's the one guy who has a talent behind him that can afford to be played...just depends on when we'll feel like we need to pull the trigger. Despite not getting int's and a couple of broken coverage plays due to lack of PassRush we didn't give up the deep ball to a strong armed QB (unless we did)
Understandable, but like I said before J. Laurinaitis was going to be a liability. I saw him get trucked for one TD by a RB not known for his ability to break tackles or run people over. Then on the 75 yarder he got caught up looking and going to the wrong gap. He's supposed to be the MLB with the knowledge of Vilma. Anthony should be in the game! Locks, Anthony, and Robertson I say let them play together & give them a chance to gel. That is of course if we can get Locks healthy for a game and on the field for a full season. Quads Now! SMH

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

No offense but in all ********! Everyone of these games matter to the saints. Sure we held them to 170 yards.....then we let them get over 400??? Sorry bro that is not a good defense. Injuries happen and all teams have young people, the saints have proven year after year that they can't be competent on defense.
Show me a good defense that lost 5 starters which includes their best player...

Hopefully this is not your first season. Because having no faith in defense has been a recurring theme in the last 11 seasons under Sean Payton. That unit has singlehandedly been responsible for every failure over the last decade and has wasted Drew Brees' career. If not for 2009 this whole era would have been a colossal failure.

I saw a defense who stayed in nickel with the wrong players. I saw a defense who consistently rushed 4 without NO innovation. I saw a defense when the extreme few times we sent more than one person had a little bit of success. I saw a defense go into complete do not lose but lose mode (AKA PREVENT D? SERIOUSLY WTH?) in the 4th Qtr.

How is it I see Defenses across the league run twists, heavily disguised pass rushes with 5, play the right people at the right position, but WE SIMPLY CANT.

If Dennis Allen doesn't know better than to have Larenitis in the nickel defense trying to cover people, and continues to give Mauti and Harper reps over Anthony and Bell this defense has no chance. For God's sake can we get playmakers on the field!

I agree with Laurenitis, but Mauti has played better than the other high draft picks, and Robertsons coverage was bad too, although he has been great in the trenches, kind of the opposite I expected.

We're set. All we have to do is draft OL and DL next year.

Which is exactly what I said last year. :scratch:

Watching James L getting trucked was quite embarrassing to see vs Oakland.
Often times he looked over whelmed by speed or strength. I don't think he is the answer at the MIKE.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom