I Have That Ugly Nvember-December Feeling... (1 Viewer)

RichmondSaint

Very Banned
Reaction score
In the bad ole days (1960s-mid 70s), the Saints would have been long gone out of the playoff picture and try to keep it respectable but still end up stinkers (giving TB their first win ever).

Then in the dark days, there would be a glimmer of hope (late 1970s-mid 80s) and then the Saints would manage to give it away (Big Ben, the other Falcons game that year).

Then in the brighter days, (late 1980s-mid 1990s) there were pleasant surprises and expectations, but no further progress (playoff losses).

Then in the recent past, (late 1990s-mid 2000s), there was steady inconsistency (one playoff win, plenty of 3-13s).

All the way through, however, as a Saints fan, there was that sickening knot lingering in your stomach. This time of year moves really fast. One minute it is November 26, the next it is the day after the Super Bowl and everyone wonders where the winning team came from?

When will we ever have a 'signature' win, like the 'Tuck-Rule Game' with New England where everything goes in our favor and the media is incredulous?

Why does it have to be feelings, voodoo, incantations, all that BS.

If you play strong, balanced ball in all 3 phases you make your own luck.

The Saints are probably a year away and need some help on defense, no crime in that. I hope we get a few more wins, but it won't make a big difference in the big picture view because it's pretty clear where you go to get better.

The Saints are probably a year away and need some help on defense, no crime in that. I hope we get a few more wins, but it won't make a big difference in the big picture view because it's pretty clear where you go to get better.

I also feel that the Saints are a year away. I love what they are doing this year and I would love to see them in the playoffs, but it won't be a major dissappointment if they don't. That last statement would be easier to swallow if we didn't start off 5 - 1.

This is what it is all about. Late November and December make or break teams. This is what all the practice is for. It is not how you start but how you finish. It is time for us to make our run starting today.

Got an ugly feeling? Get a decent haircut, start doing a few push-ups and sit-ups, spend a little money on your clothes and for god's sake, smile rather than frown.

Even ugly guys can get the girls if they just improve a little on the margins.

When will we ever have a 'signature' win, like the 'Tuck-Rule Game' with New England where everything goes in our favor and the media is incredulous?

Already had it...September 25th, 2006. Saints 23 Dirty Birds 3

This always helps me ;

wellMedicineOTCAllPepto_Bismol_Original_Formula_Liquid.jpg

Now is the time when the good teams step up to the plate. Are we a good team or are we a bad team? I think that over the last 3-4 weeks the Saints fell victim to what we call "BRAIN FADE" in the shooting sports. It's like you know what to do but for some reason you kind of gloss over it and you're not really sharp or focused on your targets which causes you to miss a few targets sometimes, and if you're not careful it can lose you the match or in the Saints situation the division and maybe the playoffs. We'll see today if the Saints have snapped out of it and got their focus back and if they do, look out!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom