I haven't purchased any music in months...need musical stimulation....help!!!!! (1 Viewer)

antipop

utterly bonkers
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
<-------- see avatar

obwhiteo

Proudly wearing my dress!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The Black Keys (if you like the blues even half as much as i love it, you will be a fan)

or

My Morning Jacket....

Last edited:

dirdyhearn

Reaction score
Try Eric Clapton's Album where he exclusively covers Robert Johnson songs. It's called "Sessions for Robert Johnson" I've never been a Clapton fan, but I must say his vocals and guitarwork are at their peak on this album. It will not disappoint.

geauxboy

Boo Boo Bear
Reaction score
Try Eric Clapton's Album where he exclusively covers Robert Johnson songs. It's called "Sessions for Robert Johnson" I've never been a Clapton fan, but I must say his vocals and guitarwork are at their peak on this album. It will not disappoint.

That's great that you like it, but I personally find it an insult to Robert Johnson. I'm not trying to attack your opinion, but it's just to refined for me.

dirdyhearn

Reaction score
That's great that you like it, but I personally find it an insult to Robert Johnson. I'm not trying to attack your opinion, but it's just to refined for me.

Oh there's no question Robert Johnson has six trillion times the originality of Clapton. For god's sake he IS the blues. Its just nice to hear what RJ's music could have sounded like with a full band and recording technology from the 2000's. I also feel that Billy Preston's organ parts are outrageously good, and Clapton's voice is really well seasoned and has a good ache to it.

Plus, it IS Eric Clapton, quite an accomplished and talented blues guitarist. It's not like Sheryl Crow covering Sweet Child Of Mine, it is legitimate music. But to each his own, even purists.

Last edited:

tengohead

MLIA.
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
MyBloodyValentineLoveless.jpg

MLU

Reaction score
+1 on The Black Keys and allow me to add Clutch and Flogging Molly to the list.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom