I haven't seen the media or anyone bring this up: But McCain is old. (1 Viewer)

dajmno

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Don't mean to sound cruel, but it just strikes me that this guy could bite the dust during the next 8 years. Nor would it surprise me. If I was a betting man...

I've seen some coverage on it but not much.

Yes, he's pretty old though by all accounts in pretty good health. I think he's 72 which is 3 or 4 years older than Reagan was when he took office.

I think it will become an issue now that he's the front runner and people will be looking for "problems" to highlight.

If he wins the presidency, he will be the oldest man (72) ever elected president with the exception of Ronald Reagan's second term.

It was a big deal then. You can bet his opponents will bring it up (albeit subtly -- as in planting the seed in the media's head) this time too.

Assuming he gets the nomination, it also makes his choice of VP much more important.

he would probably be a 1 term president

has anyone else noticed\think that he sounds like red skelton when he gives post "election" speeches?

he sounded familiar to me and last night it came to me who he reminded me of

It concerns me. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

He(by looks/age) reminds me of Cheney.

I hope he doesn't get in office and have a heart attack.

He just looks sooooooo old to me, and I wish he didn't. :(

If he wins the presidency, he will be the oldest man (72) ever elected president with the exception of Ronald Reagan's second term.

It was a big deal then. You can bet his opponents will bring it up (albeit subtly -- as in planting the seed in the media's head) this time too.

Assuming he gets the nomination, it also makes his choice of VP much more important.

Of course, whoever wins in November will serve during a time when life expectancy is longer than when others were president. You are right though. If McCain wins the GOP nod, his age will be an issue. I am not as concerned with his age as much I am with his policies. I still don't have anyone that I am for, only against.

red-skelton-3.jpg

Of course, whoever wins in November will serve during a time when life expectancy is longer than when others were president. You are right though. If McCain wins the GOP nod, his age will be an issue. I am not as concerned with his age as much I am with his policies. I still don't have anyone that I am for, only against.

red-skelton-3.jpg

Yep...and I forgot to mention his previous skin cancer surgery. Now, I'm not saying that's a death sentence like some other cancers, but it will also be fodder for his opponent(s) (via the media).

When he ran the last time and lost, I figured that was his last shot, due to age.

Yes, it is a valid concern. We don't want to be like the Russians (Andropov lasted 2 years) or the Roman Catholic Church (Pope John Paul I lasted less than 2 months)...get a new leader only to see him die shortly after taking the reins.

At McCain's age, it's not outside the realm of possibility.

Any one voting for McCain might as well vote for Hillary or Obama, there isn't a great difference.

McCain's tough as nails though, so that helps. He doesn't sound old, he doesn't act old. He "exudes" a certain vitality. Most people think he's in his 60's still.

Any one voting for McCain might as well vote for Hillary or Obama, there isn't a great difference.

There isn't that much difference between any of the leading candidates really. The difference is in the nuance of their policy proposals and most will be butchered so much or fail completely it won't matter.

I think his mother is still alive and in her 90's and gets around ok.

I think I saw something about that on TV.

he may live a long time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom