I hear people complain about the two party system... (1 Viewer)

There are third parties out there and the simple solution is to vote for them. I bet many of the people that complain about the two party system will vote Republicrat in the next election.

If a third candidate wants to be elected he/she will have to overcome.

1) Media bias and even censorship or blackout.

2) Somehow get the people that want to vote for him to actually vote for him and not vote for Joe Blow because they think he has a better chance of winnnig.

3) Harness the power of the internet and turn the online support into real life votes.

4) Find a way to get the elderly to change which is nearly impossible.

5) Be able to face attacks from both Republicans, Democrats and media smear attempts.

I really believe we are closer than most expect. The one thing that really holds us back is the baby boom generation. They vote nearly 100% for R or D. If the younger generations can avoid falling into that trap when they get older then we have a legit shot. The internet opens a lot of doors and in a couple more elections will likely have as much, if not more power than television.

Plus, if one person came up with an idea to progress/solve Iraq, give everyone healthcare, make us energy independant and away from oil in 15 years, half of the other elected officials wouldn't disagree with it just because it would take power away from them and hurt their main goal of just getting re-elected. The problems facing our nation would actually get some honest attention without all the greed and selfishness.

There are third parties out there and the simple solution is to vote for them. I bet many of the people that complain about the two party system will vote Republicrat in the next election.

2) Somehow get the people that want to vote for him to actually vote for him and not vote for Joe Blow because they think he has a better chance of winnnig.

3) Harness the power of the internet and turn the online support into real life votes.

5) Be able to face attacks from both Republicans, Democrats and media smear attempts.

I really believe we are closer than most expect. The one thing that really holds us back is the baby boom generation. They vote nearly 100% for R or D. If the younger generations can avoid falling into that trap when they get older then we have a legit shot. The internet opens a lot of doors and in a couple more elections will likely have as much, if not more power than television.

:9:

With no parties, you judge a candidate by what he/she says and eventually by their record of service. Candidates don't get any votes just because they're a member of a certain party. Nice and simple.

That sounds simple but you know better...The rep/dem have such a strangle hold on the balance of power in this country that the 3rd party candidate is doomed... the repulicrats have the $$ and the media and the current administration on their side so the idea of a free democratic election is somewhat funny....until the average joe gets educated about the beaurocracy that is mislabled "government"... the powers that be will continue to legally steal from the uneducated taxpayers of this country... it is a sad time for this great country....

Do you really think that GWB can identify with the average american citizen??
Do you really think the Hillary or Oboma can identify with the majority of this country??

here is what I know... our tax money is not being spent on us.... our bridges are falling down (there will be more especially in the northeast) the electric grid system in the northeast is constantly on the verge of meltdown...millions of people without health insurance and millions go to bed hungry.. yes right here in the ever powerful United States of America..

The key to getting a third party is to start it locally. If you elect an Independent to the White house, then the congress of Republicrats and media will make certain that president is made to look foolish. Therefore, you have to dismantle the political system developed by the Republicrats or it will treat a third party candidate like a virus and destroy them.

>><TABLE class=sgmltable id=A0194010 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>1808 </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>James Madison
Charles C. Pinckney
George Clinton</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

That George Clinton has been around an awfully long time. :17:

gc.jpg

>><TABLE class=sgmltable id=A0194010 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>1808 </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>James Madison
Charles C. Pinckney
George Clinton</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

That George Clinton has been around an awfully long time. :17:

Wrong nation, he was in Parliament. :hihi:

I think someone on this board had this in another post. Its a group that appears to be attempting a third party on the local levels. Their idea sound good. www.Goooh.com

http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay...706&admin=0&destination=http://www.goooh.com/

As for our two party system I view them as both having a lower tier that is open to anyone (local) and a closed system that is on an exclusive invite similar to organized crime. The national level is nothing like how this system was designed to work. It has been taken over by people for the peupose of becoming elitist.

Perhaps what we're going to see is more causes that aren't aligned politically. For instance, the Fairtax and Green movements are examples of causes that can be adopted in whole or in part by the Democratic, Independent and/or Republican platforms.

Concerning # 4. Hey be careful talking about us old folks. Actually what you say has a lot of merit. My wife is in several bridge groups with women in their 60's, 70's, and 80's. She said she has to be careful in responding to political discussions as they are nearly all pro Hillary. She will vote for anyone but Hillary. Most of these ladies have been registered Democrats all their life and will vote the Democratic ticket regardless when they vote. However I suspect some of these ladies will not vote for Obama although they will not openly admit it. They may well just pass on this election.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom