I heard 3 of our coaches are talking to other teams (1 Viewer)

Would be delighted if GG was pinched by someone and we went out and got Rob Ryan (Rex? I can't remember which one was just released by Oakland)

Get the D far better organized and motivated...though we still need to upgrade the talent level...

Bringing in Ryan would also give us the inside track on Asomougha, should he hit FA, and I'd be delighted with Asomougha and Vilma as the FA/Trade pickups, then Ellis and Highsmith/Crable as the 1/2 draft picks...we'd only have a whole at FS then, and with a good pass rush and good corners I think KK is more than adequate in that role...

I don't know about that - Marrone doesn't have playcalling duties here and his role as "offensive coordinatory" is contentious.

In theory, it wouldn't even matter if he was just the position coach for long snappers. NFL Assistants still under contract can't even negotiate with another team unless it's for a Head Coaching job. The Buccaneers blocked Marinelli's move from DL coach to defensive coordinator for years in that way and the Cowboys blocked Payton from hiring Sparano as his OC.

That said, Payton has said he'll let his assistants try to improve their position by interviewing for other jobs. He let Pete Carmichael Jr, the NO QB coach, interview to be Cam Cameron's OC (even though Cameron intended to call the plays there as well) and Carmichael eventually decided to stay with New Orleans.

Would be delighted if GG was pinched by someone and we went out and got Rob Ryan (Rex? I can't remember which one was just released by Oakland)

Get the D far better organized and motivated...though we still need to upgrade the talent level...

Bringing in Ryan would also give us the inside track on Asomougha, should he hit FA, and I'd be delighted with Asomougha and Vilma as the FA/Trade pickups, then Ellis and Highsmith/Crable as the 1/2 draft picks...we'd only have a whole at FS then, and with a good pass rush and good corners I think KK is more than adequate in that role...

I think the Raiders decided to keep Ryan but I'm not positive.

Haven't heard, but Marrano and Vitt make sense. Marrano back with Tuna and Vitt as a DC somewhere. I understand the DB coach wanted to return to the college level.

We look like a college Passing D why would he leave????

I would love it if we got Rex Ryan or Rob Ryan, but Rex is interviewing for Head Coaching positions. If he doesn't get any of them, we could get him here. I think Rob is still at Oakland.

Actually the DC I want, if we're hiring, is Mike Zimmer, the DC from the Cowboys and most recently ATL.

Hmmm good choice LSSpam. And with Patrino leaving and the GM being replaced, he might be inclined to leave...

Hmmm good choice LSSpam. And with Patrino leaving and the GM being replaced, he might be inclined to leave...

He's already been fired I believe.

I love the defense Zimmer runs. It's what I thought we were getting with Gibbs. Of course, then this begs the question whether our defensive flaws were talent, scheme, or some combination.

I'd love to see Vitt as the D-coordinator.

Why? And this is not just directed to you David, but everyone who is stating they want Vitt as the DC. As stated before, the Rams' defense was poor under him, and our linebackers are poor under him, save Fujita; although I do understand that there is a severe lack of talent and athleticism at our LB spot, so he deserves a chance to work with some halfway decent LBs. Hopefully, some very good LBs in the near future.

I like the fire that Vitt displays on the sideline, but I don't know that he's proven anything; whether good or bad. I am only speaking from limited knowledge.

Why? And this is not just directed to you David, but everyone who is stating they want Vitt as the DC. As stated before, the Rams' defense was poor under him, and our linebackers are poor under him, save Fujita; although I do understand that there is a severe lack of talent and athleticism at our LB spot, so he deserves a chance to work with some halfway decent LBs. Hopefully, some very good LBs in the near future.

I like the fire that Vitt displays on the sideline, but I don't know that he's proven anything; whether good or bad. I am only speaking from limited knowledge.

He had less talent to work with in St Louis than he does here. If we upgrade the talent level on our defense, he would be a fine D-coordinator.

He's already been fired I believe.

I love the defense Zimmer runs. It's what I thought we were getting with Gibbs. Of course, then this begs the question whether our defensive flaws were talent, scheme, or some combination.

I agree Zimmer is great. He would be a good fit, and I also feel its a combination of both scheme and talent...GO SAINTS....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom