I hope Global Warming doesn't kill us all... (1 Viewer)

HouDat

Banned
Reaction score
...before the end of the football season. :no:

Hurricane Predictions Off Track As Tranquil Season Wafts Away

By NEIL JOHNSON The Tampa Tribune

Published: Nov 27, 2006

It was not the hurricane season we expected, thank you.

With cataclysmic predictions that hurricanes would swarm from the tropics like termites, no one thought 2006 would be the most tranquil season in a decade.

Barring a last-second surprise from the tropics, the season will end Thursday with nine named storms, and only five of those hurricanes. This year is the first season since 1997 that only one storm nudged its way into the Gulf of Mexico. (MORE)

Before the season started, predictions of doom and gloom accompanied with "global warming" pronouncements greeted us all. Here, yet another piece of evidence which seemingly contradicts the whole theory presents "Earth watchers" with the challenge: how to spin this so it can be blamed on global warming.

Receding polar ice caps? Global warming.
Expanding polar ice caps? Global warming.
Hyperactive hurricane season in '05? Global warming.
Docile hurricane season in '06? Let me guess.

Personally, I think the lack of media respect the Saints have received this year is due to global warming. So, too, is the otherwise unexplainable celebrity of Paris Hilton, the inability of Michael Vick to be a multi-dimensional threat at QB, the mood swings of Tawny Kitaen, and the failure of allied forces in Iraq to discover any weapons of mass destruction.

Reminds me of Dennis Miller's riff on global warming in his last HBO special, All In: "During the Dust Bowl of the 1930s, did people say, "Wow, this must be global warming" or "****, it hasn't rained in awhile."

i also hope global warming doesn't kill us all...i hope it only kills the people i don't like

I thought GWB stopped the hurricanes? :shrug:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom