I hope Grantham KILLS IT today! (1 Viewer)

Grantham and Ryan have the same track record. Neither is going to wow you.

Yeah, I wish we could have talked to Donatell or Tomsula. Butler would be nice, but have heard nothing.

I just got email from buddy in Athens saying "he better kill it...there may not be a job in Athens if he doesnt..." he said he is pretty sure they will be parting ways from the folks he is talkin too.

I asked why...waiting on reply.

ok Apparantly Grantham had been stating to UGA ( Richt ) that he wasnt going to interview, then last night ( signing day ) told them he was going to interview.

Maybe he will stay around to be our DL coach if he misses out.

I just got email from buddy in Athens saying "he better kill it...there may not be a job in Athens if he doesnt..." he said he is pretty sure they will be parting ways from the folks he is talkin too.

I asked why...waiting on reply.

ok Apparantly Grantham had been stating to UGA ( Richt ) that he wasnt going to interview, then last night ( signing day ) told them he was going to interview.

His answers to?'s asked @ signing day were those of a man who may not b there next year but was still trying to sell the place to recruits.

Maybe he will stay around to be our DL coach if he misses out.

lol just got another email from him....

"He definitely wouldn’t be fired just more likely pushed out to take some other Dline coach position in the NFL if he doesn’t get a coordinator one.

He promised some of our recruits and their parents he was going nowhere."

Grantham and Ryan have the same track record. Neither is going to wow you.

I would have to humbly disagree with this to an extent. Ryan was a LB coach with the Pats and moved onto DC pretty quick. However none of his Defenses ever really lived up to the hype. Grantham has made significant improvements with every group he has been with specifically with the Dline. The only tarnish that I could see is when he was DC with the Browns. However to his defense (like the word play there ;) )he didn't have a whole lot of talent in Cleveland nor did they draft worth a crap. I do like the fact that he has more experience with Spread/Pistol type formations since that seems to be the way the NFL is moving towards.

I could see Payton interview 3 or 4 guys, and then offer them all a job... I don't think all the interviews will be specifically for the DC position.... then it will be up to them to accept a position coaching job in the NFL, or go back to the college level.

Georgia Bulldogs Football: Where in the World is Todd Grantham

But is this really news? The answer is a clear no.
Grantham was pretty clear when asked about his intentions and future yesterday.
“You know what? I can tell you this, that my family loves it here; I like it here a lot; and this is a very special place and I think today needs to be focused on the players we’ve got here right now and trying to get back to Atlanta,” Grantham said.

Sounds like a guy that might be gone IF the opportunity presents itself

Read the whole article. Thats not a direct answer...clearlythe opposite of how he responded to tgese same questions.

Last year he went out of his way to dispel rumors tht he was leaving.

The answer he gave wasnt a ringing endorsement and apparently me and the writer of the article think the same thing

I have really warmed up to TG. He's fairly young at 46, but he's got a nice resume' of good experience and success at both levels. Not to mention, he's gota number of his UGA players comin out for the draft, and we could use some of em.

That said, no matter who the new DC is, I wanna know if he'll get in some of his own people, or will he have the same staff?

IMO, if we really want change for the better, we cant keep all of the same assistants we have had the last few years, and the new DC deserves to have some say with who his staff will be.

Read the whole article. Thats not a direct answer...clearlythe opposite of how he responded to tgese same questions.

Last year he went out of his way to dispel rumors tht he was leaving.

The answer he gave wasnt a ringing endorsement and apparently me and the writer of the article think the same thing
You're right. He said basically he's willing to take what's best for him and his family. If Saints want him, they just gotta MAKE IT HAPPEN. He's listening.

I don't get the talk about younger. I mean, he's 46, rob ryan is 50. He's been coaching since 1990, ryan since 1987. From what i've been able to gather, i'd love to have him as a dl coach, i'm not sure he can do wonders as a dc, which is just my same thought on ryan.

At the end of the day, i trust coach P and hope he'll not make a mistake á-la spagnuolo. Just pick whoever is best and be done with it, so we can move on.

This! I actually have a hard time believing that a coach out of College ball is going to be much better than a coach who has been in the NFL much longer. But that's just me maybe. I understand the whole new fresh guy to the NFL mentality but there has to be a learning curb involved and quite frankly I don't know if we can afford to "Develope" a DC. Get someone in there that is NFL ready so we can go win another Lombardi.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom