I hope Grantham KILLS IT today! (1 Viewer)

DownWithDisease

Very Banned
Reaction score
I hope he nails his interview so hard that Payton offers him the job on the spot! I could live with Ryan, but I'd be stoked about Grantham... a younger DC with something to prove, and experience converting teams to a 3-4 as well as knowledge and experience defending the spread option and pistol

I'm interested to see who the un-named candidate is. Monachino from the Ravens possibly?

Anybody but Spagnuolo... and that's already happened. Either way, we improve

That isn't saying much. Carmichael could coach the defense and we would probably improve. I want to make the right decision so that we are not going through this again next year. Not just settle on anyone because it will be better than last year. Last season shouldn't be the basis of judgement.

I am pulling for him as well but even if he does kill it no way they offer him on the spot without bringing in the others. I do believe being the first to interview is an advantage if he kills it, because in following interviews the answers will be compared to his.

I hope he sets the bar very high.

I hope so too. I'm gonna be really bummed if we end up with Ryan.

Did he interview with Philly or is this his first?

I don't get the talk about younger. I mean, he's 46, rob ryan is 50. He's been coaching since 1990, ryan since 1987. From what i've been able to gather, i'd love to have him as a dl coach, i'm not sure he can do wonders as a dc, which is just my same thought on ryan.

At the end of the day, i trust coach P and hope he'll not make a mistake á-la spagnuolo. Just pick whoever is best and be done with it, so we can move on.

I just got email from buddy in Athens saying "he better kill it...there may not be a job in Athens if he doesnt..." he said he is pretty sure they will be parting ways from the folks he is talkin too.

I asked why...waiting on reply.

ok Apparantly Grantham had been stating to UGA ( Richt ) that he wasnt going to interview, then last night ( signing day ) told them he was going to interview.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom