I hope that the last memory we have of Drew (1 Viewer)

Tony1Saintfan

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Is not seeing him on the field with Brady. I know it was a nice moment to see Brady throwing Drew’s son a pass and all but I can’t stand Brady. I don’t know what role I want to see Drew in but I definitely want a better memory than that.

The last memory that I will have of Drew is that he had 11 cracked ribs and a punctured lung, and still found a way to come back and get the Saints into the playoffs, not to mention him sticking it out until halftime and threw a TD pass after the injuries happened.

That's true warrior material right there.

The last memory that I will have of Drew is that he had 11 cracked ribs and a punctured lung, and still found a way to come back and get the Saints into the playoffs, not to mention him sticking it out until halftime and threw a TD pass after the injuries happened.

That's true warrior material right there.

Have you not been keeping up with the board lately? 🤣

He’s only in his early 40s and about to embark on a broadcasting career. People talking about “last memories” are being a tad melodramatic.

I love Brees and despise Brady probably more than anyone, but that photo of a Brady throwing a football to Drew’s kid was pretty dope. Some people’s fate is greater than others and Brady’s fate is everything that is great, while Drew’s comes up vastly short than his counterpart. At least Drew got a ring. That’s one more than anyone thought he would ever get. His career was supposed to be over in San Diego man.

One word. WARRIOR. Drew fought for everything. He taught this football team to fight for everything. He fought for New Orleans, from DAY ONE. You can't ask for more than that. To believe that Drew's fighting stops for all those things when he is no longer playing football? That's foolhardy. The man will commentate for a time, while Sean Payton is coaching the Saints. I see him coming back to football at some point (towards the end of Sean's career). At least somewhere organizationally. This isn't the last day of Drew Brees, and the New Orleans Saints.

My last memory of Brees? That he played for the Saints.

Why does everything has to be a movie ending?

Everything doesn't have to be a movie ending, but I don't think it's unfair or inaccurate to suggest that it would certainly be more ideal for Brees to go out to a stadium roar (win or lose) as opposed to blowing kisses to a handful of the fans in the Superdome.

If that never happens, then obviously he's still had a great career and many fond moments to look back on.

Brees has been amazing to watch, wonderful QB and an even better human being. Thankful he was the QB for my team, for so long. Hope he hangs em up before he gets seriously injured.

My last true memory of Drew was on a 3rd down in the final minutes of the NFC Championship game vs the Rams.

Fir the first time in months he threw it with all of his power down the field for a 50 yard gain to Ted Ginn to ice the game.

My last memory of Brees? That he played for the Saints.

Why does everything has to be a movie ending?

That part.

You want to Hollywood this thing. We got the monster ending that we created, because we kept reviving a dead man for 4 years.

Lazarus Effect (New Orleans).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom