I hope the entire Saints draft is defense (1 Viewer)

dpwga

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
I know everyone is wondering what we should be looking at for the 10th pick in the first round. I don't care what position it is... as long as it is defense. Give me the entire draft of defensive players.

And while I'm spouting off my opinions, I also think the Saints should trade Will Smith. For having these "great DE" with Smith and Grant, there really seemed to be a lack of pressure from either guy. No doubt Smith is good, but he's not elite. And I can't see the Saints tying up so much money for both DE's so let's trade Smith at the height of his value and see how rewarding it can be. If we wait until the last year of his contract, we loose bargaining power on a trade.

i've just been checking some stats and will smith was our sack leader with 7. next best is harper with 4 then renaldo wynn with 3.5. i think will had a down year this year but he still did get pressure on the qb. i remember he destroyed david carr and im pretty sure at least one or two other qb's. i just don't think we should trade him away, but instead try to make him more effective by getting a bigger push up the middle. i do agree tho i'd be very happy with a draft focused on the D and then give us a slippery little return man in the later rounds

I thought about us trading Will Smith.

I traded him in Madden because Grant is a beast.

But we need Will.

i remember he destroyed david carr and im pretty sure at least one or two other qb's.

I don't think we trade smith, but to be honest everybody destroys david carr.

eric

We need a WR and TE...

I don't think we need a TE at all.

Depending on Meacham, we can stand pat on our WR's and use Reggie for our 4th and sometimes 3rd WR.

We need defense.

I honestly can't make up my mind on Will Smith. He could be a victim of our scheme, which is geared for shutting down the run.

Last edited:
I don't think we need a TE at all, and we can get a WR in FA or UDFA.

We need defense.

I honestly can't make up my mind on Will Smith. He could be a victim of our scheme, which is geared for shutting down the run.

We have NO TEs on under contract except maybe Ghent and Campbelll... not tell me again that we don't need a TE...

You dont trade Will Smith because you dont think he is elite, what are you gonna trade him for? and elite Defensive End?

All and All I do agree this should be a Defensive slanted draft with those 1 or 2 offensive selections being a player that wasnt expected to be there (you can bet on that).

We need pressure in the middle. We got no pressure from Young's spot once he got hurt and teams doubled Will. If we bring in a 3tech to push the pocket we will look a lot better. BTW Willl and Charles could lose a few pounds to gather some speed as well.

We have NO TEs on under contract except maybe Ghent and Campbelll... not tell me again that we don't need a TE...

Obviously re-sign Johnson. Miller is improving, and Campbell will be back.

Sure, we could use a stud TE, but we need to spend our high DC's on defense. There will probably be no upgrades to our TE's in the later rounds.

Obviously re-sign Johnson. Miller is improving, and Campbell will be back.

Sure, we could use a stud TE, but we need to spend our high DC's on defense. There will probably be no upgrades to our TE's in the later rounds.

We need strong depth at TE, WR, and RB. This draft all D stuff is silly. The team has'nt even come out of free agencey yet. Two years ago Young, Cutler, and Leinart where suppose to be selected at 2.

Defense needs to be an off season priority but not totally depended upon the draft.

You get better across the board, you get more explosive across the board.

It's a process 1 draft does not fix the type of Defensive woes we have had in the last two years. Better Coaching stronger Depth in all phases of the game. Special Teams, Offense, and Defense.

= More Blance, More Wins, and a Better Team.

Will Smith is the only franchise type player on defense and you don't trade good players that are homegrown.

The problem with Smith is that he rushes and the QB just steps up and avoids him because we have 0 and I repeat 0 pass rush from our DTs. Watching Hollis rush the passer is like watching the fat kid in gym class try and climb the rope.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom