I hope this don’t turn out like 2006. (1 Viewer)

gw504saints

Very Banned
Reaction score
Here is a little FYI in 2006 the Saint lost to Ryans Defense 35-22. Brees had 383 passing, with 3 ints. Bush 16 rushing, Colston 163 receiving.

I hope they have learned from that.

P.S. They started out 3-0 and lost the fourth game. Let’s stay focus people.

I think that Saints team was still coming together at that point and finding it way. This team looks more gelled and has more weapons. The experience of this offense playing together several years has paid off last year and into this year. Now the D is coming of age with a good DC.

The difference is now we have a defense ourself and a good running game...not to mention (although 06' was good) our offense is even more stacked...we'll be fine

We have a defense and a running game now to counter a team with a very good D. That game against the Ravens wasn't lost just because of their powerful D - McNair and that O rolled over our defense as well, because we still struggled against good QBs in 2006.
Things are different today, buddy.

We are a more complete team and we saw evidence of that yesterday. In '06 we would have lost that game.

As much as he may sound like it, Bart Scott /= Ray Lewis, and Kerry Rhodes, as good as he is, is no Ed Reed.

This will be the toughest test to date this season, but the offense plays 10x better in the Dome than on the road.

We also can run the ball and have a punter that'll control field position.

Morestead is an absolute monster. I knew he had the big leg, but now he looks more confident out there and his consistency is picking up. With him punting and kicking off like this, a 5th was worth it.

Here is a little FYI in 2006 the Saint lost to Ryans Defense 35-22. Brees had 383 passing, with 3 ints. Bush 16 rushing, Colston 163 receiving.

I thought we started 5-0 in 2006???

I choose to enjoy being 3-0. I'll let Payton, Brees and company worry about being focused.

I wanna be in the superbowl as much as the next guy but I'd gladly take another 06 season!

Previous 3-0 starts:
1991 (won 4th game); 7-0 before losing to Bears. Season ended 11-5. Division winners.
1993 (won 4th game); 5-0 before Steelers crushed them. Season ended 8-8.
2006 (lost 4th game); 3-1 (lost to Panthers). Season ended 10-6. Division winners.

This is a more complete team then 2006 . If the Saints stay healthy the Saints will have a real chance .

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom