I hope this don’t turn out like 2006. (1 Viewer)

Previous 3-0 starts:
1991 (won 4th game); 7-0 before losing to Bears. Season ended 11-5. Division winners.
1993 (won 4th game); 5-0 before Steelers crushed them. Season ended 8-8.
2006 (lost 4th game); 3-1 (lost to Panthers). Season ended 10-6. Division winners.

In that case the past means nothing .

I believe 3-G will have a thing or two up his sleeve to "rattle" Sanchez. He's done well so for, but he's still a ROOK.

This will be a good game, and I believe the Saints will prevail.

:gosaints:

The headache's now entirely Ryan's. He can pick his poison - take the Bills approach drop 6-8 into zone coverage, blitz and stunt the heck of Brees, and hope PT doesn't gash you or take the Eagles approach and play base and gamble your personnel are good enough to to keep the Saints in check (here's a clue - they aren't). Gregg Williams will have something nasty cooked up for Sanchez. The Saints will need to play well in all three phases of the game. I suspect they will in front of the home crowd.

Previous 3-0 starts:
1991 (won 4th game); 7-0 before losing to Bears. Season ended 11-5. Division winners.
1993 (won 4th game); 5-0 before Steelers crushed them. Season ended 8-8.
2006 (lost 4th game); 3-1 (lost to Panthers). Season ended 10-6. Division winners.

We also started 1998 @ 3-0. We finished 6-10 ... of course that was under Ditka.

Here is a little FYI in 2006 the Saint lost to Ryans Defense 35-22. Brees had 383 passing, with 3 ints. Bush 16 rushing, Colston 163 receiving.

I hope they have learned from that.

P.S. They started out 3-0 and lost the fourth game. Let’s stay focus people.
Although we played poorly -- almost scared -- in that one, turnovers were key in setting up points for the Ravens.

If we had taken better care of the ball the game would have been tighter.

It will be the same next week.

Are are better prepared for tight games now. We need to take care of the ball and if we do we will not get blown out. It will be a contest.

If we give them 2 cheap touchdowns off turnovers, then it could play out like that Raves game. But you could say that anytime you play a strong opponent.

Here is a little FYI in 2006 the Saint lost to Ryans Defense 35-22. Brees had 383 passing, with 3 ints. Bush 16 rushing, Colston 163 receiving.

I hope they have learned from that.

P.S. They started out 3-0 and lost the fourth game. Let’s stay focus people.

There are a lot of reasons to think we might lose the Jets game, but the 2006 Ravens game isn't one of them

1) This Jets defense isn't as good as that Ravens defense

2) This Saints team is better then the 2006 Saints team

3) Greg Williams is a better DC then Gibbs, and Sean Payton is a more efficient and effective head coach then he was in 2006

I've got concerns about the Jets game. Brown being out is my top concern. If Bushrod isn't 100% it's only magnified. But this won't be the 2006 Ravens game.

Although we played poorly -- almost scared -- in that one, turnovers were key in setting up points for the Ravens.

If we had taken better care of the ball the game would have been tighter.

It will be the same next week.

Are are better prepared for tight games now. We need to take care of the ball and if we do we will not get blown out. It will be a contest.

If we give them 2 cheap touchdowns off turnovers, then it could play out like that Raves game. But you could say that anytime you play a strong opponent.

Didn't we have 2 redzone turnovers vs the Ravens? The Reggie Bush halfback pass that was picked off in the endzone and I seem to remember Brees fumbling in the redzone as well. Brees had 3 INTs on the day too.

I'm not saying we're a lock to beat the Jets. But Payton for 3 years has obviously felt the need to continuely push on offense. Because of his own inexperience, because of no confidence in the defense, probably because of both.

But that's clearly changed. He was perfectly willing to settle down into a slug-fest with Buffalo and that we came away winning that one had to give him even more confidence in doing so.

Again, we might not beat the Jets, but it won't play out like the Ravens game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom