i hope this is not a stupid question (1 Viewer)

but is it possible that Greg Williams is holding back as much is possible with Will Smith and Charles Grant so as to not give too much away to opposing teams for them to plan against us? I don't pretend to know alot about schemes, and game planning, and i can't take credit for this train of thought. But it might explain their play, or lack of it. maybe against some of the more aggressive teams he might unleash them? just a thought.

Scott

Pffftttt.

Smith and Grant are holding Williams' schemes back .....

Grant isn't playing much except on run downs. The sooner people realize this, the sooner they'll realize why you aren't seeing much from him in passing situations.

i am just quoting this because it seems like people are ignoring it

I dont think he is holding anything back. Why would he? But the fact that yall have not been down any means he cannot employ some of the blitzes and other schemes simply because yall have not needed them yet.

dude, that sig pic is gaudy.....seriously, you should resize it by 1/4

I didn't even realize that was his sig. I thought he was just posting it.

Yes, please resize that thing.

but is it possible that Greg Williams is holding back as much is possible with Will Smith and Charles Grant so as to not give too much away to opposing teams for them to plan against us? I don't pretend to know alot about schemes, and game planning, and i can't take credit for this train of thought. But it might explain their play, or lack of it. maybe against some of the more aggressive teams he might unleash them? just a thought.

Scott

Why would he hold back the main pass rushers? he is definitely not using all of the blitz packages yet, but Grant and Smith's play or lack thereof, just speaks for them and their abilities, i.e.- OVERRATED.

Scott

I honestly dont think that Greg Williams knows how to hold anything back..... I just think that our D isnt quite yet where we've hoped it would be with Williams behind the wheel.

Grant is nothing more than a run-down DE now (Good analysis Bonch), but GW I wonder how much of the defense has GW really used thus far. The way these games have gone it seems he could go pretty "vanilla" and salt some games away without showing too much.

I honestly dont think that Greg Williams knows how to hold anything back..... I just think that our D isnt quite yet where we've hoped it would be with Williams behind the wheel.

huh?

Do you think we have seen all of our offensive packages yet?

OC or DC who has shown all of his cards by game two of the season will not be in that position too long in the NFL. We arent going to see certain blitzes and packages until later in the season. And if we are headed toward the playoffs, you can bet that. GW is seasoned enough to know what teams do in thier meetings and film room. Its not rocket science. The less an opponent has to view, the less he knows what you will do.

They need their Starcaps.

didn't help them last year.

I was one of the many people excited when we extended both of these guys. Wow, have they been a disappointment. They are virtually invisible on the FB field save Grant on a few run downs. Smith is a total non-factor, at lease from what I have seen.

Grant isn't playing much except on run downs. The sooner people realize this, the sooner they'll realize why you aren't seeing much from him in passing situations.

That sounds right, seeing that is what he is best at.

I would like to see Hargrove get more playing time anyway, the dude is a B.E.A.S.T., McCray has earned a starter spot by now. I can live with seeing Grant on run plays only...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom