i hope this is not a stupid question (1 Viewer)

I think Grant is still nursing a hamstring. He looks like he is running in molasses.

while gregg williams may not be holding them back, we certainly havent seen the best of our defense

i think he is telling the players to go full force every play but i doubt he has called a lot of fancy blitz packages that would give grant and smith some breathing room in the trenches

fwiw, grant and smith are getting pressure on the QBs......the low tackle totals are because the teams that we have played have passed the ball a lot.....its hard for a DE to get downfield and make a tackle but its easier for them to get a sack

also remember that playing out of a 3-4 often decreases the sack and tackle totals for the 3 down linemen even tho it may increase play from the linebackers....if you rewatch the lions and eagles games you will notice a lot of 3-4 sets and a lot less 4-3 than we have been playing in the past....it may be due to the fact that clancy has been injured but thats just a guess until he comes back healthy

I dont think he is holding anything back. Why would he? But the fact that yall have not been down any means he cannot employ some of the blitzes and other schemes simply because yall have not needed them yet.

Dude.. that sig pic was almost over a year ago.. how long you gonna whine over it?

let it go already.. it's a whole new season :jpshakehead:

My personal take is that the Gregg Williams defense is still a work in progress. And I think we are likely to see increasingly complex looks and schemes as the season wears on.

But in all honesty, I have not been disappointed with Smith and Grant so far this year. I think they are getting in the backfield and making quite a few big plays.

I think that GW is holding some things back for divisional opponents since we really will not see them until after week 5 or 6.

I hear from a reliable source that he has only unleashed about 5-10% of the whole defense. It was said that he will get up to about 236 defensive packages using 183 player groupings. We shall see.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom