I hope we tank , Here's why (1 Viewer)

DzynRex3hunna

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
We lack workhorses and there's only one real way to get them. We can't consistently compete because we routinely go on late season heroic streaks displacing us from the players that could actually fix the holes on this team. If we could just not this season and embrace the suck. We might actually have a Superbowl contending squad next year.

Won't be a popular opinion around here, but hey why not!
7-9 hasn't really worked out for us the last 3 years anyhoo.

I respectfully disagree. We have a lot of young players on the team. Losing breeds losing. Let's not go that route.

I respectfully disagree. We have a lot of young players on the team. Losing breeds losing. Let's not go that route.
I disagree with tanking but, sorry to break this to you, 7-9 is not exactly winning. We've been 7-9 the last two seasons and well on our way to 7-9 or worse this year. That's losing. Consistently.

I disagree with tanking but, sorry to break this to you, 7-9 is not exactly winning. We've been 7-9 the last two seasons and well on our way to 7-9 or worse this year. That's losing. Consistently.

You gotta start somewhere, and you gotta try. Teaching the young ones to tank sets a bad precedent IMO. If anyone is slacking down the stretch, I want those guys weeded out and sent packing.

The Saints are perfectly on schedule for another of their meh inducing 7-9 seasons.

Wherever that lands the Saints in the draft, that's where they'll be.

Losing breeds losing .
If that's true then this year is already a wash. Next year is make it or break it so let's get into the top 10 and draft some talent. What is the difference between 8-8,7-9, or 6-10? Playoff hopes are gone with any of those. It's draft position because Im sure the players are ready for the off-season with the way things are going.

There's a big difference between losing games and giving up. If players are taught it's acceptable to give up when you still have a chance to get in the playoffs, no matter how slim those chances are, then how do you expect them to then fight to the very end of a game when it seems there's slim chances of winning it?

One of the positive messages to learn from sports is never give up as long as there's a chance, no matter how difficult it may be to keep going.

There's a big difference between losing games and giving up. If players are taught it's acceptable to give up when you still have a chance to get in the playoffs, no matter how slim those chances are, then how do you expect them to then fight to the very end of a game when it seems there's slim chances of winning it?

One of the positive messages to learn from sports is never give up as long as there's a chance, no matter how difficult it may be to keep going.

You're making too much sense. Just stop it already. Let's advocate losing, dammit.

There's a big difference between losing games and giving up. If players are taught it's acceptable to give up when you still have a chance to get in the playoffs, no matter how slime those chances are, then how do you expect them to then fight to the very end of a game when it seems there's slim chances of winning it?
Players do not give 100% every game. That's a fact. Throw in millions of dollars win/lose, and you get less than 100% more often. The players know the SB is a pipe dream. They don't play in the NFL with the hope of a SB. They do it for money otherwise every player drafted would pull an Eli. It's not about winning. It's about money.

Our younger players aren't five. They don't have to not try to win, it's the pros, Brees, Sean with vanilla playcalling, Allen with vanilla playcalling that can try to lose. You think moral victories has helped? Once there's five months of a offseason the players tend to not remember what they did last season that didn't matter. Each year is a new year for them.

we can't compete consistently because we don't have anybody employed whom knows how defense and special teams work.

when two thirds of a team has ZERO identity (or any real competitive play) the team will continue to be carried up and down on the rollercoaster of our offense and CSP's whim. Shame really considering CSP and the NO Offense are really one of the best of all time in any sport, but it is overshadowed by a complete organizational dysfunction for the other parts (majority) of the team.

it's sad when your offense has been the best for 10 years straight, but they need to be absolutely perfect EVERY SINGLE WEEK to hopefully win on the last possession of a shootout game against subpar opponents

Youn can "tank" in a lot of different ways while still playing competitively.

#1 Shutdown Armstead for the season. Let the man heal. The same can be said for many of our other chronically injured players

#2 Experiment with different looks. Maybe we need to try Fairley, Jordan, Davison, Rankins all on the line together. Can any play end? how do our best 4 DL fare in such a situation

#3 Throw Anthony our there with Roberson whenever he has a good week in practice. Encourage the young guys like him to flash in practice and be more liberal in getting them on the field if they do

Most likely these things hurt our chances of winning, but not necessarily at the cost of losing competitiveness. The NFL is so competitive that these changes however small would still likely lose us a game or two. You just shift the positions the players are playing in without necessarily changing their goal of winning. Whoever is out there should be trying to win still.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom