I just had to set people straight (1 Viewer)

Many thought Ryan Leaf had the "potential" to be better than Payton Manning.......just sayin'

Marshall is so overrated it's not even funny. I had him on my fantasy team last season and I had to watch that kid a lot. While he is great after the catch, his hands are suspect. He gets the ball thrown in his direction more than any Wr I've watched. The sad part is he only comes down with the ball half the time.

Jenning is a nice deep threat wr, but he will never command double teams like Colston regularly does. Jennings will never be as complete as Colston as a WR and I do not believe that he be all that great if he had to be the go-to WR.

Most of his catches are because of body positioning and leaping ability. Marshall gets alot of quick passes thrown to him out in the flats where he is one on one with defenders. He makes them miss and gets 10 yards that way. Colston's YAC comes mainly from accurate throws from Brees away from defenders.

I'm not hating on Colston, but I'm just going by what I see. Marshall is more agile and faster and he is about the same size as Marques. Colston doesn't have to catch rocket passes from Cutler all the time, he catches soft well placed lob passes from Brees....Makes things a little easier.

Both are great recievers, but I think Marshall will be better.

And the only reason Denver drops it off in the flat so often is because their O-line is flat out horrendous which in all fairness exaggerates Marshall's YAC stats. And there not to far apart in that department either:

Marshall YAC: 549

Colston: 403

Marshall is so overrated it's not even funny. I had him on my fantasy team last season and I had to watch that kid a lot. While he is great after the catch, his hands are suspect. He gets the ball thrown in his direction more than any Wr I've watched. The sad part is he only comes down with the ball half the time.

Jenning is a nice deep threat wr, but he will never command double teams like Colston regularly does. Jennings will never be as complete as Colston as a WR and I do not believe that he be all that great if he had to be the go-to WR.

In Marshalls defense he had 10 drops on 102 receptions to Marques Colstons 6 drops on 98 receptions. Its still more but not that horrendous.

I'm sick and tired of people downgrading Colston's athletic abilities.
He is huge, and his 40 time wasn't great but good. His split 10 and split 20 times, however, were some of the best ever seen in the NFL combine. He gets to top speed extremely fast, and thats the best kind of fast especially for a wr.

I'm sick and tired of people downgrading Colston's athletic abilities.
He is huge, and his 40 time wasn't great but good. His split 10 and split 20 times, however, were some of the best ever seen in the NFL combine. He gets to top speed extremely fast, and thats the best kind of fast especially for a wr.

like I've been saying, he's jerry rice fast. ;)

Colston will be one of the top 3 WRs in the NFL in 3-4 years

I don't think any of us think that you are hating on Colston, otherwise my lil bro's GF would be in here :dedhrse: your brains out with her #12 jersey. lol

We all know how many times MC takes a short post over the middle and breaks several tackles while taking it for 6, ala Jerry Rice. (YAC)

You keep giving Marshall excuses why he doesn't have Colston's #s, but your las line explains all: "Both are great recievers, but I think Marshall will be better."

Ahhhhh.. Potential vs. reality. ;)

If you'd said Marshall had the potential to be better than Colston--then you wouldn't have caught half the grief we've given you. But that's because we all know that as opposed to potential, Colston's put the skins on the wall already.

No hard feeling or getting mad, we were just trying to figure out your reasoning, ya know?

You post as if Marshall hasn't produced yet in his career. Over 100 catches, 1300 yards and 7 TDs doesn't speak to you? That's a better year than Colston has ever had and he's a year younger.

Is that real enough?

You post as if Marshall hasn't produced yet in his career. Over 100 catches, 1300 yards and 7 TDs doesn't speak to you? That's a better year than Colston has ever had and he's a year younger.

Is that real enough?

He had a pretty good year last year, but can he keep it up?

Folks claimed Colston was a one-hit wonder, but he's produced for both his years.

When it's clutch time, EVERYBODY knows that Drew is going to Colston, AND he still produces. That is clutch--look at the 1st down #s.

This came off that CBS link (I didn't research it), looks like over their 2 year careers, Colston has produced more than Marshall. Fact over potential.

Colston - 168 catches, 2240 yards, 19 TDs, 115 first downs

Marshall - 122 catches, 1634 yards, 9 TDs, 84 first downs

Jennings - 98 catches, 1552 yards, 15 TDs, 67 first downs

I'm not being a homer, but Colston is the clear cut #1 from that class. All these dudes keep bringing up the "big play ability" but whats the objective? Touchdowns !!! Colston has more of them. Also when they break that big play for the quick six the other offense gets a chance right now. Where as Colston's style to to keep the time of possession in our favor. Also, I believe they should relook at some highlights, while he may not run 40 yards for a touchdown after the catch, he will consistently catch them 40 yards downfield for the same result...whats the difference, and what are they trying to argue? They don't make sense.

I don't like comparing Colston to Jennings. They are both completely different players; burner vs. possesion WR. I'd rather just compare Colston to Marshall and Jennings to Holmes.

Colston, being a possesion WR, will always trump Jennings in receptions. Jennings, being a burner WR, will always trump Colston in YPC and big plays.

Jennnings will always give you a chance for a 80 yard play anytime during a game. Colson can almost guarantee you a first down. They both have their upsides and are perfect fits for their respected teams. Onto Marshall, I'd say this guy has the most potential of all the WRs from that draft class, but as of right now, Colston is the top dog.

All in all, I never want Colston to leave, but I wouldn't be upset if we had drafted one of these guys instead of Colston (prior to his on-field success).

Colston is an 82% winner right now. I think everyone knows how awesome he is.
If he was running for President, it would be clinched right now

Sorry, woohoo, I just saw your post. My thinking too:9:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom