I just have to keep trying to show this (2 Viewers)

Not sure why you'd compare 2 songs that couldn't be more different. I really like both of them. But they evoke much different feelings when listening to them. I wouldn't take one over the other. They're both great.

This was a thread on discussing who the greatest band is. I thought it would be a great question to understand where people's preferences are. Considering the question was directed to someone who said, Prince was the best band, just wanted to see, which water he prefers to drink.

It wouldn't take me two seconds to decide which song is better. Not sure I can totally relate to your answer, but thanks for the response. I honestly would figure you would pick the Metallica song from your previous responses, so this shocked me a little.

I thought it would be a great question to understand where people's preferences are.
Yes, comparing a love song to a song about war. Great question.

It wouldn't take me two seconds to decide which song is better.
You mean which song/type of music you like the best.

One last thing: no one ever accused Kurt Cobain of being a good guitar player, much less a great one, or at the level of Prince.

Comparing Prince and Nirvana now???? That is pretty difficult since they are completely different animals.

FWIW I like Nirvana and I really enjoy Kurt's kind of rough "just the nuts and bolts" guitar style. He had a way of cutting to the heart of a song vocally and with his guitar that really worked and still sounds cool all these years later.

I prefer Nirvana's sound over Prince overall.

But to compare on purely guitar skills??? It isn't even close. Prince would MURDER Cobain in a head to head. And as a live showman as well. Prince was born to be in front of huge crowds. Kurt strikes me as more of a talented Curmudgeon who would prefer not to leave his house.

Comparing Prince and Nirvana now???? That is pretty difficult since they are completely different animals.

FWIW I like Nirvana and I really enjoy Kurt's kind of rough "just the nuts and bolts" guitar style. He had a way of cutting to the heart of a song vocally and with his guitar that really worked and still sounds cool all these years later.

I prefer Nirvana's sound over Prince overall.

But to compare on purely guitar skills??? It isn't even close. Prince would MURDER Cobain in a head to head. And as a live showman as well. Prince was born to be in front of huge crowds. Kurt strikes me as more of a talented Curmudgeon who would prefer not to leave his house.
Agreed, but i'll add a caveat. It's what makes rock and roll so great. It's in the eye of the maker. I will never bash anyones taste. I still can't wrap my head around anyone who has never heard of the Ohio Players.

Agreed, but i'll add a caveat. It's what makes rock and roll so great. It's in the eye of the maker. I will never bash anyones taste. I still can't wrap my head around anyone who has never heard of the Ohio Players.

I haven't until this thread.

I still can't wrap my head around anyone who has never heard of the Ohio Players.

Found out recently that my mom has never heard of Roger Federer.. like, never even heard the name.. Yet, she has heard of Tiger Woods.. and she isnt *that* old, only late 60s... I don’t understand how that’s possible.

I don't know what this means but OK
It simply means if you want to learn, the power is yours. A simple google search about the Ohio Players will tell you every thing you want to know.

It simply means if you want to learn, the power is yours. A simple google search about the Ohio Players will tell you every thing you want to know.

Ok. I will do it!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom