I just made a blockbuster trade - how did I do? (1 Viewer)

saintbilly25

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I traded D. McNabb, Calvin Johnson, R. Mendenhall, and M. Austin for Drew Brees, Kevin Walter, Jason Witten and Jerome Harrison (I have Jamal Lewis as my 3rd back so it is a handcuff for him)

I think that may have been too much of a homer trade IMO but we won't know till next week.

I traded D. McNabb, Calvin Johnson, R. Mendenhall, and M. Austin for Drew Brees, Kevin Walter, Jason Witten and Jerome Harrison (I have Jamal Lewis as my 3rd back so it is a handcuff for him)

What's your lineup look like now, because I am not liking this at all at the moment.

I think giving up Mendenhall will be the part of that trade that will haunt you all season.... Austin had a once in a lifetime game kinda like what Crayton did 2 years ago and what has Crayton done since.... notta..... Calvin Johnson is banged up and the QB situation has gotten worst with Stafford hurt.... and you have to think Witten will surely get his TDs before the season is over.... all in all, I would not have dont that trade unless you have others to replace CJ and mendenhall...walter and harrison dont come close to matching cj and mendenhall.

My team now looks like this:

starters:
Drew Brees
Steven Jackson
Clinton Portis
Chad Ochocinco
Brandon Marshall
Kevin Walter
Jason Witten
Bob Bironas
Vikings D

bench:
Matt Hasselbeck
Kellen Winslow
Jamal Lewis
Antonio Bryant
Jerome Harrison
Justin Gage

I would have had one solid starter on the bench anyway, with Jackson, Portis, and Mendenhall, so I wanted to trade Mendenhall while his value is sky high. Even if he continues to start, he will at least lose some carries to Parker. Austin will never duplicate what he did this weekend. Calvin Johnson is slightly injured and not living up to expectations. and now I can get value by trading either Winslow or Witten after Witten's bye this weekend. Our league also rewards a 10 point bonus for 300 yards passing.

Calvin is banged up and Mendenhall might slip back when Parker is healthy, so overall, I don't think it's a bad deal. I'm hoping Calvin recovers quickly, because I have him.

Love this trade.

I hate McNabb because he can sometimes be the biggest idiot with the ball. Plus, I can't count the number of times I've seen him just throw the ball at a receiver's feet. I'll almost never own him in Fantasy, let someone else deal with him.

Johnson's injured, but will be back. Walter's a fine replacement.

Mendenhall's gonna have iffy games coming up with Parker returning. Plus, he just showed up on the injury report.

And Austin will probably not be as effective as his last game. Hell, probably not as effective than his last few games. Screw it, its the Cowboys, don't own him.

But drop Jerome for someone on waivers. Just a waste at this point. Drop Lewis if you can, too. Owning any Browns is a waste, period.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom