i just voted with an absentee ballot (1 Viewer)

Serious question: Do other states not have “early voting”? I don’t mean absentee by paper ballot. Here in Terrebonne parish, we can go to the registrars office (I believe it’s actually at the civic center this time due to Covid), give them your Drivers license or ID, they check you in the system, give you a key card, and you vote on a digital machine. It’s pretty quick and easy. It typically takes about 10 minutes total.
Yes, most states have early voting. Florida's early in person voting started today. The long lines are usually from day one of early voting in most states.

I thought I read something on here about someone being a poll worker. I thought it was a great idea. My wife was looking for something to do part time, while she's back in Grad school. She actually worked at a drive in haunted house this weekend (bad idea.. she's too old for that crap..haha).

It dawned on me.. duh.. poll workers. They get paid! I always thought it was volunteer. She applied tonight. Hopefully she can get in and help out a bit, and make daddy some money. haha.

I thought I read something on here about someone being a poll worker. I thought it was a great idea. My wife was looking for something to do part time, while she's back in Grad school. She actually worked at a drive in haunted house this weekend (bad idea.. she's too old for that crap..haha).

It dawned on me.. duh.. poll workers. They get paid! I always thought it was volunteer. She applied tonight. Hopefully she can get in and help out a bit, and make daddy some money. haha.
The pay is $200 for the day, but its like 14 hours.
Here is how to sign up, not sure if there is a deadline. I did have to take an online course that took a couple hours (they had in person classes also).

Edit: just realized you said she already signed up, but in case someone else may be interested

The pay is $200 for the day, but its like 14 hours.
Here is how to sign up, not sure if there is a deadline. I did have to take an online course that took a couple hours (they had in person classes also).

Edit: just realized you said she already signed up, but in case someone else may be interested
And it's for Florida. But similar requirements. They have stuff for early voting where they pay an hourly rate.

I did the early voting in Ascension Parish. It was a much better set up than the Election day voting process. I know they have all these old school voting machines, but the touch screen ones they had for early voting was 10x better. I never did early voting before, but i don't see me ever going back to voting on election day. It was nice not having to be at the polls first thing in the morning before i went to work (because i know better than to wait until i got off)... Took me a whole 10 minutes to early vote.

Did you go to the courthouse? I went this morning, and it took me longer to find it than it did to actually vote. I was surprised there weren't any signs by the road.

early voted saturday. first presidential election i've ever done. second time i ever voted. first time early vote.

I went yesterday to my one lone early voting location assigned to me. I didn't get off work until 3:30 and arrived there about 3:45pm. The line was wrapped around the outside of the building and who knows how much inside. I decided to wait until next week to see if the line is shorter.

the Precinct I am working we have 1363 registered voters in the book. commissioner in charge told me almost 50% of them have early voted. 11 am and we are at 200 voters in person.
there are 3 precincts at our location. longest wait was about 10 minutes. at this time there is no line...

the Precinct I am working we have 1363 registered voters in the book. commissioner in charge told me almost 50% of them have early voted. 11 am and we are at 200 voters in person.
there are 3 precincts at our location. longest wait was about 10 minutes. at this time there is no line...

Yeah, looking at the numbers, it feels like a large majority of voters have already cast their ballots. My family is in that number! Just feels weird sitting at home on election day though.

Yeah, looking at the numbers, it feels like a large majority of voters have already cast their ballots. My family is in that number! Just feels weird sitting at home on election day though.
I stood in line for an hour and a half this morning and thought that felt weird. Previously the longest wait has been 10 minutes, but the line this morning wrapped around two buildings. Oh and the polling location had a Covid outbreak yesterday, so they sent everyone home to quarantine for two weeks and sent in the Fire Department to disinfect the place overnight.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom