i just voted with an absentee ballot (1 Viewer)

soupcan dan

just the salad please
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
May the gods have mercy on my blackened soul.

But--

I got to look over the issues and do some research without feeling hurried at the polls

I won't miss any work

I won't have to push the ignore button when passing the influencers

i hate lines

Yet I'll still miss my "i voted" sticker and those awesome bake sale snickerdoodles.

Vote Early! Vote Often!

We’ve had mail in ballots for years in Colorado. I personally don’t mail mine in because we have multiple drop boxes in my area. Those drop boxes are supervised by one Democrat and one Republican and they are also monitored by cameras. When they receive my ballot, a bar code gets scanned and I can look online to see that my ballot was received. I can also see that it gets counted.

Colorado also mails a voting guide to every to everyone, telling them about the pros and cons of every proposition. I got everything filled out and I just need to sign and drop it off.

Mail in ballots are FAR superior to anything else I’ve seen.

We’ve had mail in ballots for years in Colorado. I personally don’t mail mine in because we have multiple drop boxes in my area. Those drop boxes are supervised by one Democrat and one Republican and they are also monitored by cameras. When they receive my ballot, a bar code gets scanned and I can look online to see that my ballot was received. I can also see that it gets counted.

Colorado also mails a voting guide to every to everyone, telling them about the pros and cons of every proposition. I got everything filled out and I just need to sign and drop it off.

I live in Colorado, too, and agree with everything you say. I use the local drop box too.

It's outrageous that people in other states, in certain areas, have to wait in line for hours - for early voting at that.

So what happened to our previous registrations. I got an email to go check and see if we are registered. I have always been registered but it was a gov site so I went to it. Sure enough they showed no record. But from the reports I have heard of people going already there are lines hours long. Whiskey Tango.

Past few years I’ve been using the drive up drop off for my mail in ballot. You stay in your car and hand it to the poll worker and they hand you the I Voted stickers. The lines have never been more than five minutes long. Or you can park your car and deposit into the drop box yourself.

When I see long lines on the news or hear about it taking people hours in lines to vote, I think it’s almost criminal.

When I see long lines on the news or hear about it taking people hours in lines to vote, I think it’s almost criminal.

my understanding is that during the political machine days during and before Mayor Walmsley in NOLA, they were much more accommodating. The mayor had friendly gents at the polls that would even go in with you and help you press the button. Easy to vote for a guy when they make it so convenient. Now it’s just a hassle. You even have to make your own choices.

Seriously though, I really want to do my civic duty but I’m not waiting in a two plus hour line.

Texas only allows vote-by-mail if you're sick or won't be in your precinct in order to vote. But the governor did allow 1 extra week for absentee this year. I'm going early vote this week.

I read a story in the newspaper this morning about this 77 yro man with terminal colon cancer. He was determined to remain alive and vote. This was in Michigan. Once early/mail-in voting opened, his son and daugher-in-law brought him to a ballot box. He wanted to put the ballot in the box himself, so they helped him from the car and to the ballot box for him to drop it in despite staring death in the face. He died a few days later. But according to Michigan law, since he died before Election day, he's vote won't be counted. That's messed up.

Texas only allows vote-by-mail if you're sick or won't be in your precinct in order to vote. But the governor did allow 1 extra week for absentee this year. I'm going early vote this week.

I read a story in the newspaper this morning about this 77 yro man with terminal colon cancer. He was determined to remain alive and vote. This was in Michigan. Once early/mail-in voting opened, his son and daugher-in-law brought him to a ballot box. He wanted to put the ballot in the box himself, so they helped him from the car and to the ballot box for him to drop it in despite staring death in the face. He died a few days later. But according to Michigan law, since he died before Election day, he's vote won't be counted. That's messed up.

I agree it's messed up, but if the rule is you have to be alive on election day, then the rule should be changed.

Yea, that’s messed up. But I suppose the argument for the current law is to avoid situations where someone dies and someone else uses their ballot. I’m guessing their is no way to tell when a ballot is submitted so officials don’t know if the ballot was submitted before or after the person died. I’m not arguing in favor of the current law, just adding a little perspective.

I love this vote absentee stuff. Had my voter packet there, filled in my ballot while taking about things with my daughter. Then put them together and walked the couple blocks tot he state of California Dropbox. Done!

Been doing it for years. This was the first time I used a drop box though. Used the one right outside the Secretary of Elections office in Ft. Lauderdale. Dropped it off on a Sunday, it was marked received and counted on Tuesday.

Colorado is my voting state even though I live in Europe now. They made it super easy for me..

They sent the ballot by email. I filled it out on my computer and e-signed it. They sent me a link to a special server where I had to log in with my personal info to upload the ballot. Got confirmation that my vote was counted the next day.

Easy peasy.

I went yesterday. Anyone in La. can early vote without a reason. There are three polling places in my parish which are open Mon-Sat 8 AM to 7 PM so there's really no excuse.

It took maybe 30 mins as there was a significant turn out. I think I got there right before the rush as the line was twice as long when I left.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom