I just want smart coach (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
With all the crap being thrown at coaches today game planning, offensive and defensive design and playcalling, in game adjustments and decision making, a quick processing mind is required. Leadership qualities is also a must. Saints cannot settle for a new HC while compromising on those qualities. This in no way is meant as a commentary on any of the candidates esp the in house ones. They may very well meet those characteristics. I’ll give an example of past coaches who exhibited one or the other but not both. Of course in their eras the game was different. A Mike Ditka type in my opinion would never be hired. Mind not quick enough. Mora was incredible leader and in his time that overcame what he and Carl Smith lacked in playcalling most games. Walsh was ahead of his time with his mind and leadership. Belichick is mostly mind related. Blah leader.
The trend today is the mind over the leadership with all the young offensive gurus.

The New Orleans Saints are at a cross roads as an organization right now…

The decisions they make in the coming weeks are either going to keep things going on the path Brees and Payton put this team on, or everything’s fixin to fall apart, and the Saints are going to slide back down into the hole they were in for the majority of the existence of the franchise.

If the Lions hadn’t hired Dan Campbell last year, the Saints might be getting ready to bite some kneecaps off next season.

If a guy doesn't come across as being as intelligent as Payton in an interview I'm not even interested.

Why accept a downgrade in the IQ department?

Hard pass.

This is funny about Sean Mcvays brain.

The only question any fan or Mickey Loomis needs to ask themselves is literally "is this guy AT LEAST as smart or impressive as SP."

If not, you have your answer as to whether or not we've found the next coach.

Can't settle for any old thing in the IQ department when it comes to coaches.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom