I just wonder what Peter King and Sean Payton talked about (1 Viewer)

SaintJ

hard, pipe-hittin'
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
From King's MMQB today, 10 things he thinks he thinks:

9. I think it was nice to speak to you again Sunday night, Sean Payton.

Link

Goodell? Spagnuolo? What kind of beer Snoop Lion drinks?

Everyone please speculate.

When Peter King sided with the NFL on Goodellgate, he became persona non grata around Saints camp. Remember when Loomis wouldn't talk to him at training camp, and he was concerned about eating the food at camp? I have a feeling that Payton has not talked to him since, until now.

King wanted tips on a diet and workout plan from Payton.

From King's MMQB today, 10 things he thinks he thinks:

Link

I think he meant it literally. I'm guessing that Peter King and Payton didn't talk for awhile after King took his stance on the whole (non)Bounty issue.

Kind of disappointed that Coach would even give that piece of work the time of day.

Kind of disappointed that Coach would even give that piece of work the time of day.

Me too. Peter didnt hesitate to buy into Goodell's bullcap, looked like he enjoyed it actually. Didnt even try to both sides. The same old "Why would the NFL lie?" "The league wouldnt say it if it didnt have it" "They have over 50k documents, there is obviously damaging evidence there even though we havent seen it " and of course "It was obvious Saints were trying to end my poor buddy Farve's career and cost him a chance at a SB"

I cant stand PK.

Peter King was on the Saints' side when it really mattered, and bought season tickets when the team was in danger of moving. I am still suprised at how little slack that buys him.

I still like King (for oft-documented reasons I won't repeat here), but IMO his take on the whole "bounty" issue was a swing and a miss of gigantic proportions, and his biggest gaffe that I can remember.

I have decided to write it off as if it were a Drew Brees 5-INT game, and move on, but if other folks don't, I certainly get it.

I hope the conversation involved PK apologizing for not waiting to see how things played out before he condemned the Saints and pronounced them guilty. If it did, then we should move on from it. If it didn't, then I hope he brings his own lunch to camp this year. Or, better yet, he stays away.

Remember when Loomis wouldn't talk to him at training camp, and he was concerned about eating the food at camp?
I have a hard time believing Peter King has ever been concerned about eating anything.

peter-king-shoveling-popcorn-300x184.jpg

Peter King was on the Saints' side when it really mattered, and bought season tickets when the team was in danger of moving. I am still suprised at how little slack that buys him.

He sure was, which is why I was so surprised that he swallowed the NFL's line so willingly and never bothered to question roger or his motives. Forget the fact that, as a journalist, his goal should be to present an objective viewpoint. He appeared to be a friend of the Saints and Payton, but he clung to roger's lies even after his case fell apart.

I would be disappointed to hear that Payton was friendly to him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom