I know a game ball went to DC and to the defense, but... (1 Viewer)

CajunSaint08

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I know the defense deserved a game ball for their play and that Gregg Williams also deserved a game ball for his calling, but I haven't seen anyone say a game ball should also go to..........

Sean Payton. Yes, I said Sean Payton. So far SP has called 3 great games. If this game had been played last year, we would of lost. Not because of defensive problems, but because SP would have insisted on passing on every play (especially in the 4th qrt). He has learned a tremendous amount about his play calling and seems to know what it takes to "finish" a game off.

Last year, the Saints would have kept passing and passing, even though Drew was having a difficult time. This year, he realizes to win, you must be balanced in the play calling and to finish a team off, you must run the ball down there throats.

And I don't want to hear we did not have a running game last year, because we did have PT, even though he wasn't used properly until the end of the season.

Sean Payton has improved as much as the defense.

Geaux Saints!!!

Them darn tosses to Reggie on 4th and 1 are gonna be the death of me one day.

Eh, but hey. We could still have Haslett. Thank God that's over.

Go Sean P!

I know the defense deserved a game ball for their play and that Gregg Williams also deserved a game ball for his calling, but I haven't seen anyone say a game ball should also go to..........

Sean Payton. Yes, I said Sean Payton. So far SP has called 3 great games. If this game had been played last year, we would of lost. Not because of defensive problems, but because SP would have insisted on passing on every play (especially in the 4th qrt). He has learned a tremendous amount about his play calling and seems to know what it takes to "finish" a game off.

Last year, the Saints would have kept passing and passing, even though Drew was having a difficult time. This year, he realizes to win, you must be balanced in the play calling and to finish a team off, you must run the ball down there throats.

And I don't want to hear we did not have a running game last year, because we did have PT, even though he wasn't used properly until the end of the season.

Sean Payton has improved as much as the defense.

Geaux Saints!!!

Well said. SP is doing his thing!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom