I know I'm jumping way ahead, but was this a good bet??? (1 Viewer)

Hootis47

Rookie
Reaction score
So I work with a Falcons fan and he was talking crap about losing Rankins and how horrible our defense was still going to be this year. Then we move on to talking about the Monday night game against ATL. He says the Saints have no chance on that night, of course I go into it's the 10 Anniversary of the Dome reopening and it's gonna be rocking and blah, blah. Before it's over he wants to put some money on the game (only $50 bucks, so we're not talking life changing money) and of course I up it to $100.

I know a million things could happen between now and then, but how is everyone feeling about the Falcons this year? I know they made a couple of moves this off season, but from what I'm aware of, I don't see them being drastically different from last year. And especially on that night, again, unless something crazy happens between now and then, I just can't see the Saints losing that one!

Not that last year means anything but we had a crappy defense last year and we still managed to beat them twice so I don't know why your friend is so over confident.

������������������

Good bet

The bet might not be looking so good now. I swear this team has the worst luck in the NFL.

last year, no way are the 1-4 saints beating the red hot 5-0 falcons.

19106437-large.jpg

Please let your friend know if I can join you on that bet. Both teams might miss the playoff, however MNF at home vs ATL and 10 years since the Dome was reopened. Not sure if Gleason will be able to at attend the game (would be awesome though) but I'm sure they will celebrate him somehow that night and the crowd will go nuts. If our players are not pumped up for that game, I don't know what will.

Tell me a team that blow a 5-0 start and miss the playoff. There is something wrong with that staff and personel. It won't be changing anytime soon. Falcons are bad and will probably do worse this year.

So I work with a Falcons fan and he was talking crap about losing Rankins and how horrible our defense was still going to be this year. Then we move on to talking about the Monday night game against ATL. He says the Saints have no chance on that night, of course I go into it's the 10 Anniversary of the Dome reopening and it's gonna be rocking and blah, blah. Before it's over he wants to put some money on the game (only $50 bucks, so we're not talking life changing money) and of course I up it to $100.

I know a million things could happen between now and then, but how is everyone feeling about the Falcons this year? I know they made a couple of moves this off season, but from what I'm aware of, I don't see them being drastically different from last year. And especially on that night, again, unless something crazy happens between now and then, I just can't see the Saints losing that one!

Falcons are worse off in depth than we are due to their big trades over the last few years on top of not having a great coaching staff. How do we know this ? Because after the start they had the lost the team midway through the season.

They did more trading up this draft and still haven't fixed the depth issues really so I think we'll be in good standing. We had a better draft and offseason and the better coaches.

Take your wife/GF out somewhere nice.

Good bet. The Falcons imploded last year, and nobody knows if the implosion has run its course. If they haven't fired a few coaches and changed a few key players, expect more of the same.

You made one terrible mistake.

Not upping it to $1000.

Like others have said. It's a home game in prime time and is going to be a Gleason tribute game in some form. It's as close to a guaranteed win as there is.

If there is one game that the fans in the Superdome almost alone can will the Saints to win....it's the Falcons game. SP has their number....

44-17 Saints.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom