N/S I know that "the NFL is a business," but... (Tom Brady) (1 Viewer)

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
That late round pick out of the Univ. of Michigan (Tom Brady) stepped in for an injured Drew Bledsoe, and the rest is history. We all know what Brady's legacy is/has been. So, given all he's meant to the franchise, how does New England allow him to leave THE WAY IT HAPPENED (at odds with Belichick and top management)?

Joe Montana left the 49'ers for the Chiefs when there was a pay dispute. Although not as big as THAT was, the Saints let Rickey Jackson, Sam Mills and others "walk" when the opinion about salary couldn't be figured out by both sides. In the Saints' case, it's too bad we had a hard-head like Jim Finks, but I digress.

Anyway, since Brady is a once-in-a-lifetime talent, do you think that the Patriots could have handled that any differently? Apparently, Tom Terrific still thinks he has a lot in the tank and deserves top dollar. It just seems like the squabble got too ugly in the public view.

Thoughts?

:gosaints:

Last edited:
Kinda hard to say. They had their successor with Jimmy, but TB won a SB after they traded him. So, whatever they did or didn’t do after that, is just whatever at this point. Six championships later, the empire has to come to an end at some point. I don’t care for Kraft, BB, or TB. So, any bad fortune they encounter from here on out, I’ll allow

On nfl network they said that the patriots would have taken Tom back if Tom asked to come back but he wasn’t going to do that and wanted to be asked back by them

The Pat’s are known for letting guys go before they hit their decline, that’s why they always get so many Comp Picks. I don’t know if they believe Stidham is the successor or if they’ll trade for someone. I thought Teddy would be a good fit, and they could still have a TB12?.

Tom Brady wanted out. Robert Kraft said that if Tom Brady wanted to return they would have made it happen but Tom wanted to move on. That’s what they said on the par macafee show anyway.

Just my uneducated opinion but TB12 is not once in a lifetime. Anybody like Manning or Brees or Rogers could’ve done what he did with that coach and the horrible division he played in. There should asterisks beside each championship trophy, ring, mention. They were given head starts every year and they made the most of it.

I think the decision for Brady moving on was a mutual decision between Brady and Bellicek. There were rumblings that the two were becoming somewhat at odds over how the team was being structured and I also believe Brady might not want to be a part of the band aid team for the end of his career.

Brady did them a solid by letting them get a high comp pick for him leaving.

the pats never showed any interest in building the offensive weapons around Brady, when they did they won. he was tired of throwing and handing off to whats his name

That late round pick out of the Univ. of Michigan (Tom Brady) stepped in for an injured Drew Bledsoe, and the rest is history. We all know what Brady's legacy is/has been. So, given all he's meant to the franchise, how does New England allow him to leave THE WAY IT HAPPENED (at odds with Belichick and top management)?

Joe Montana left the 49'ers for the Chiefs when there was a pay dispute. Although not a big as that was, the Saints let Rickey Jackson, Sam Mills and others "walk" when the opinion about salary couldn't be figured out by both sides. In the Saints' case, it's too bad we had a hard-head like Jim Finks, but I digress.

Anyway, since Brady is a once-in-a-lifetime talent, do you think that the Patriots could have handled that any differently? Apparently, Tom Terrific still thinks he has a lot in the tank and deserves top dollar. It just seems like the squabble got too ugly in the public view.

Thoughts?

:gosaints:

Their next qb will also be a once in a lifetime talent as long as Goodell let's them cheat.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom