I know that we have a Corona Virus thread... But... (1 Viewer)

To me, the issue doesn't warrant the drastic reactions we are seeing. People are out on all sorts of media throwing around misinformation, sensationalism, political spin, doomsday projections... you need to navigate through a lot of stuff to come to some valid information.

And I am not saying it isn't a serious matter, not at all. But I think we are overreacting to it.

I believe that will be answered in the next three weeks or so... It will either be ok... Or way worse... It all depends on how bad this virus actually is and whether we have any kind of containment, or it goes full blown... So many factors really... It seems that we are close to panic mode now...

Dad and I have a horse ranch on the Kentucky Tennessee line (right at it) 45 miles north of Nashville. It’s beautiful and remote lol.
And you’re always welcome.
@Joe OKC

Looking at the map now... Okc - Ward Ar, - Nashville TN- Etowah NC - Loganville Ga,

We, as a family, talked about it alot today. I didn't want to scare my kids but I wanted them to somewhat grasp the importance of what's going on and to take hand washing seriously. My 16 yr old son especially because he is probably the most likely one to not take it seriously. I told them this is unprecedented in my lifetime and probably my dad's lifetime. It's something they will one day tell their kids and grandkids about. With my wife we talked about not getting in a panic about it but to not take chances with such high stakes and the amount of unknown that's out there. Our kids health is our very first priority. I don't know if this is as serious as it's being made out to be ( I dont think it is if I'm being honest) but I'm not willing to risk our family's health over it if I'm wrong. We're just gonna err on the side of caution for now.

I told them this is unprecedented in my lifetime and probably my dad's lifetime. It's something they will one day tell their kids and grandkids about.

Thats so it.. Right there... you nailed it..

Thats so it.. Right there... you nailed it..
If you think about it, this is unprecedented in human history. Previous events unfolded much slower due to lack of air travel. Heck just the ability to get in your car and travel hundreds of miles in a day makes the rate of spread that much faster. Combine the two and you've a turbo charged situation.

Makes you wonder how many times an illness like this just failed to spread since it was too remote to find enough hosts.

If you think about it, this is unprecedented in human history. Previous events unfolded much slower due to lack of air travel. Heck just the ability to get in your car and travel hundreds of miles in a day makes the rate of spread that much faster. Combine the two and you've a turbo charged situation.

Makes you wonder how many times an illness like this just failed to spread since it was too remote to find enough hosts.
I would have to think on it more but initially to me about the only thing I can think of that's comparable as far as disrupting day to day life for the country would be the great depression. Maybe there's something I'm missing but that's the first thing that comes to mind. WW 1&2 maybe but not sure those had such an immediate and far reaching impact as this.

Looking at the map now... Okc - Ward Ar, - Nashville TN- Etowah NC - Loganville Ga,

Would love to meet ya. You’re always welcome my friend. I’ll be home in May (in Augusta currently receiving medical treatment from a surgeon I like here)

If you ever think you may drive thru pm me and I’ll give you my phone # and addy.

We, as a family, talked about it alot today. I didn't want to scare my kids but I wanted them to somewhat grasp the importance of what's going on and to take hand washing seriously. My 16 yr old son especially because he is probably the most likely one to not take it seriously. I told them this is unprecedented in my lifetime and probably my dad's lifetime. It's something they will one day tell their kids and grandkids about. With my wife we talked about not getting in a panic about it but to not take chances with such high stakes and the amount of unknown that's out there. Our kids health is our very first priority. I don't know if this is as serious as it's being made out to be ( I dont think it is if I'm being honest) but I'm not willing to risk our family's health over it if I'm wrong. We're just gonna err on the side of caution for now.

Spot on. My sentiments too. And I’ve always been very hygienic and will continue to be, pandemic or not. It’s just common sense.

Ya'll are missing the obvious, the stand was a story about a disease called Capt trip. What it reminds me of, but i think its being exaggerated a bit, most that have died, are like me with underlying serious health problems. Just be safe, we will weather it out just like all the rest.

Agreed. Schools in Maryland are closed for 2 weeks, and I'm guessing that will be extended. My wife is a teacher, and I work in a nursing home as director of rehab. To some extent, we're both on the front lines. We talked to our kids as well (ages 7 and 17) because our son (17) has no fear of getting the virus. I explained to him that though he may not suffer the effects of the virus, he can pass it to others who may not be so lucky.

We don't want to panic, but we want to be real about the risks. My brother-in-law works for the US state department, and is not prone to hysteria. Will says to take this thing very seriously and that it's not going away any time soon, and that the economic effects will long outlast the virus itself.

We're going to enjoy some family time, which is ling overdue. I may still get that new car for which I've been pining :hihi:

I would have to think on it more but initially to me about the only thing I can think of that's comparable as far as disrupting day to day life for the country would be the great depression. Maybe there's something I'm missing but that's the first thing that comes to mind. WW 1&2 maybe but not sure those had such an immediate and far reaching impact as this.
And perhaps we may even again become more unified as a nation, as we did during both world wars.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom