I know the NFC loss hurts but think of it this way..... (1 Viewer)

SigFreudianSlip

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
How many of us thought we’d have lost against the Texans when we had to nail a 58 yarder to beat them? I know losing to San Fran hurts us way more, but to help lessen the sting just realize we easily could have lost that first game. So aside from being an NFC loss, it’s even. ?

The Saints should have beaten the 49ers today... and they should have done it down 2 of 3 starting LBs (not counting Anzalone), no starting FB, a gimpy Armstead, a backup LG, and w/out their starting TE for 2 1/2 quarters (after he was gashing their defense).
About their “vaunted” defense... the Saints offense lit them up and laid a 40 burger on them.

we have been playing with house money all season in my opinion. Nobody could have honestly expected us to get to 8-1 when Drew went down.
They could easily be 8-5 right now. Even in the 7-9 seasons, I felt they could have easily been 11-5 or so. It’s a typical Saints season under Payton. They either get the bounce or they don’t.
The Saints should have beaten the 49ers today... and they should have done it down 2 of 3 starting LBs (not counting Anzalone), no starting FB, a gimpy Armstead, a backup LG, and w/out their starting TE for 2 1/2 quarters (after he was gashing their defense).
About their “vaunted” defense... the Saints offense lit them up and laid a 40 burger on them.

All awesome points. Especially the house money part imo. I never thought we’d go 5-0 with Drew out.

we have been playing with house money all season in my opinion. Nobody could have honestly expected us to get to 8-1 when Drew went down.
This is so important to remember. I know we all thought the season was lost and would have been happy just to bet at .500 through that patch. No one expected us to be in this position that we are in even after today's loss.

Yippee. We did better than we thought with Drew out. Woohoo. Let’s celebrate and not worry about taking advantage of the situation we are in. Let’s be happy.

We have thrown the last few years away and we won’t have many more left to throw away. You have to take what is there to take.

Yippee. We did better than we thought with Drew out. Woohoo. Let’s celebrate and not worry about taking advantage of the situation we are in. Let’s be happy.

We have thrown the last few years away and we won’t have many more left to throw away. You have to take what is there to take.

Just trying to find a silver lining. This loss hurt today.

Christ. Nobody is saying don't take it. We all still want the same thing. But what we wanted at that point was to still be in the post season, and that we are already. We need to get healthy and hit our stride. Our offense showed enough today that it can do that and that was with Cook only in for a quarter. Defense will be fine when healthy. We have had significant injuries but thankfully most have a chance to be right for the end. If its so easy, get out there and take it.

Only you can decide how you want to look at it. Being nasty to others doesn't change a thing, nor does the fans worrying about "taking advantage" change it. But because we choose to focus more on the positives also doesn't mean we DON'T have worries also.

Kudos to the 10-3 Saints! I concur playing with house money is wonderful! Just be conscious going forward that other 10 win teams are sure to keep exploiting our secondary if coaches can’t fix the Williams-Apple-Williams achillies heal. Will remain mildly optimistic to avoid the annual depressive state finish.

One thing I can glean from this loss, if we face them again in the playoffs, we’ll have a little extra juice for it.
In addition to juice, the Saints would have 2 linebackers that can run, a defensive end to make plays, a full back to block and a playmaking Tight End

Not sure where I want to say this so I guess here's as good a thread as any. Here's the thing, I think we just hit the Niners at the wrong spot in our schedule. They are coming off a loss to Baltimore that everyone was talking about all week. They weren't going to lose back to back. We were coming off a division-clinching win. They just came in a little hungrier than us. We're not really in that much of a worse spot.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom