I know we have a pels board but (2018/19 edition) (1 Viewer)

Bill

Still Leaking Gold
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This may be a Jekyll & Hyde team all year. I've never seen so many missed layups in my life. (Not from a pro team anyway)
The Pels will definitely need better defense and a better shooting percentage than what we saw last night to have a chance for a playoff season. Now with Payton out for a while, someone is going to really have to step up to avoid being in another big hole in the standings.

buzd

party lamp
Staff member
Tech-Admin
Reaction score
This may be a Jekyll & Hyde team all year. I've never seen so many missed layups in my life. (Not from a pro team anyway)
The Pels will definitely need better defense and a better shooting percentage than what we saw last night to have a chance for a playoff season. Now with Payton out for a while, someone is going to really have to step up to avoid being in another big hole in the standings.
That was just a sloppy game all around, and those are going to come during a long season. Luckily the Knicks are pretty bad, and the Pels did a good job hanging in there and coming back. I'll take the W.

Granted we can't play like that and expect to win consistently, but they played defense when it finally counted (and I think defense is this team's weapon), and eeked it out in front of the home crowd (such as it was).

OP
OP
wnelson

wnelson

Who Dat Nation
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I thought we were gonna beat Minny too.

Payton broke his finger. Awesome

We have won 4 of the last 5

gpupil

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I have read the tea leaves and surprisingly they say we are a better team when AD plays vs when he’s injured
Especially when he plays like that. But it's also the balance with the rest of the team scoring. 3 other guys getting 20 points (well Jrue had 19 but still). They can win a lot of games like that.

Bill

Still Leaking Gold
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
we are quietly 1.5 games out of 1st place
Under the radar, baby! :hihi:
Seriously, if the Pels can hang tough through Payton's absence, this basketball season could become very fun & interesting after all the hoopla of the Saints SuperBowl victory dies down! :9:

wamland

Sacrilicious
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Went to my first Pels game last night. Had a great time and they looked pretty good.
Will keep up more.
Plus I caught a damn shirt from the cannon. 1317BF7B-FFB0-4AA5-8237-E98DE6FB3948.jpeg

OP
OP
wnelson

wnelson

Who Dat Nation
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
frank Jackson was pretty amazing last night against the spurs. if he can keep clark and frazier on the bench while payton is hurt that will be yuuuuuge

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Saints Headlines (The Advocate)

Headlines

Top Bottom