I know we have a pels board but (2018/19 edition) (2 Viewers)

All what you thought about Demps is wrong. Yes, he made some mistakes. But overall he's much, much better than being given credit for. Initially he was ordered to win now. Anyway, I hope he stays. Watch this then get back to me.

I watched it. I think he is pretty generous in saying that "other than drafting Rivers, paying Asik and Hill stupid contracts, and always trading away their picks, Demps did fine. Just bad luck and injuries." Those are some pretty huge, franchise changing decisions that blew up on us.

Also, he does not address the Original Sin of the Anthony Davis Era, which was matching Phoenix's offer to Eric Gordon. They guy straight up said I dont want to be in NOLA and then spent 4 years proving it at every opportunity.

It is certainly true that its not all Demps' fault, but he made some unarguably terrible moves - its time for new management.

I watched it. I think he is pretty generous in saying that "other than drafting Rivers, paying Asik and Hill stupid contracts, and always trading away their picks, Demps did fine. Just bad luck and injuries." Those are some pretty huge, franchise changing decisions that blew up on us.

Also, he does not address the Original Sin of the Anthony Davis Era, which was matching Phoenix's offer to Eric Gordon. They guy straight up said I dont want to be in NOLA and then spent 4 years proving it at every opportunity.

It is certainly true that its not all Demps' fault, but he made some unarguably terrible moves - its time for new management.

Every GM makes mistakes like he said in the video. The ones Demps made weren't really worse than most GMs. Lost in the Asik fiasco, he did a great job of trading the 22nd pick last year for dumping Asik and getting Mirotic in return which was a huge swindle in Demps' favor.

Regarding Gordon, at the time all the experts said it was the right move. We really didn't have a choice but to resign him. He was just a jerk that wasn't that good after the injury. It happens.

The draft is a crapshoot, I can't fault the Rivers pick as many thought he had the upside.

I agree the Hill signing was really bad and dumb.

Overall, I think Demps is a better than GM than Gentry is a head coach. Monte at least had his players motivated and playing with heart, even though he had less to work with. Under Gentry, the players are very lack luster against lesser teams and only seem to get up against better teams. Last year was our really only great year under Gentry and I think a lot of that can be accredited to Rondo's film break down sessions.

Regarding Gordon, at the time all the experts said it was the right move. We really didn't have a choice but to resign him. He was just a jerk that wasn't that good after the injury. It happens.

It's ancient history now but Gordon was very (very) vocal about not wanting to play here before he signed his offer with PHX, and then he openly told reporters he didnt want the Hornets to match. There were threads here for sure discussing what to do given Gordon's antics - it wasn't a slam dunk at the time, and it very immediately became apparent we had badly erred when he suddenly developed a phantom knee injury before the season opener and then sat forever and ever.

Del got paid to make that call and it blew up in our face and set things down the wrong path from the very beginning with AD.

But, like I said, ancient history. Maybe Del will make the deal of the century and build a winner. I'd just rather have someone else making these deals, especially when at least one player that is oft-mentioned in these talks (Ball) is making the same kind of noises that Gordon made.

Whatever happens, we can't have THIS again...

1549478532854.png

Last edited:
SyWrDnm.jpg

I'm by no means an expert , but Gentry comes off to me as NBA Jim Haslett .

Part of the reason for matching the Phoenix signing of EG was he was the biggest asset from the CPme trade and I don't think the FO (and fans) wanted to let him walk for nothing. EG should've demanded a sign and trade. It was foolish of him to think we wouldn't match. Nobody could've foreseen how unprofessional he would've been about it. He also wasn't playing very well when he did finally get some burn so it was impossible to move him and his salary.

I get it. It totally didn't work out. But I can't fault Demps for that because personally I would've matched Phoenix's offer too (or at least at the time that's what I was in favor of).

Woj reporting that Demps won't even talk to Magic Johnson today. LOLakers

That's awesome. The Lakers/Leboo/Davis have handled this in the worst way possible, trying to publicly strong arm the Pelicans into giving them what they wanted. It's like they never considered what life would be like if it didn't work. It's pretty fantastic to watch, I have to say.

Like hell they didn’t call it bad. Gentry came in (fresh off his Warriors coaching gig) that offseason and killed any reason to even keep Asik. He wanted a fast tempo game like what Golden State had, and Demps was like “let’s see if this fish can survive in the Sahara.

Demps was like a sailor who just made port with that Asik cash (no offense to any sailors amongst our forum, it’s just a saying). We needed to spend a 1st to cover up that dead body, just like we messed up years prior with Jerryd Bayless and Peja.

Heck if Pepperidge Farms remembers, I remember, and Demps is a bottom tear GM. Always has been, always will be.

False. You have very selective memory. Asik had already played with a #1 pace team in the NBA with the Rockets before he came to New Orleans. And that Rockets team went to the 2nd round in the playoffs with him as their starting center. So there was nothing to "find out" because while healthy, Asik had already played in a fast system with success.

So you need to remember that because lots of people pointed that out. Including Gentry and Demps.

Last edited:
I just really enjoy the Laker hissy fit that's going on.

It's not just the Lakers. ESPN and FS1 want this just as bad if not badder. ESPN has been pushing this since December. You can't tell me they aren't trying to maneuver things behind the scenes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom