I know we have a pels board but (2018/19 edition) (1 Viewer)

As I said before, I'm higher on Demps than on Gentry. Gentry is correct that this whole thing is a dumpster fire right now. We need a new coach and we need to make a damn good trade for AD. The time to find a new GM is now so that Gentry can be fired after the season and the new GM can hire a new coach and trade AD for a good package. Hopefully one that includes either Tatum or Zion Williamson.

I wouldn’t be surprised if next season we only return Frank, Jrue, Okafor, and Williams. Everyone else is expendable.

AGREED!!! I'd add Payton to that too if he could get healthy. We should have a host of new players once AD is moved and we can sort out which holes to fill at that point.

I would like to keep Randle.

Me too, but he can void his contract after this year and I don't think he he's going to stay.

Well, we fired Demps and it appears AD is done in NOLA.

Just enjoy the ride. Blown out by 30 against a decent at best Orlando team and then beat a really impressive Oklahoma team.

Guys I think will be back:
Jrue, Frank,Williams,diallo,okafor, randle,miller, Stanley

Guys I think are already gone:
AD,Elf,Moore,solo,clark,Smith,Morris

R
AGREED!!! I'd add Payton to that too if he could get healthy. We should have a host of new players once AD is moved and we can sort out which holes to fill at that point.

Me too, but he can void his contract after this year and I don't think he he's going to stay.

Randle has indicated that he wants to stay but not at his current salary. If he ever decides to play defense he and Jah would be great

R

Randle has indicated that he wants to stay but not at his current salary. If he ever decides to play defense he and Jah would be great
I think his lack of defense is by design because the Gentry couldn't care less about defense. He seems content with allowing teams to average 150 points per game as long as we can score 151. That is the reason why he has failed to produce wins.

This is her baby, and she seems to want to prove that she was right to overpay for an NBA franchise.

The Bensons paid $338 million in 2012 for a team that's worth $1.2 billion in 2019, so I'm pretty sure she was already proven right.

That's really good news. I'm glad Gayle is taking the Pelican by the beak and making big changes. Pels have a few nice pieces. If they can squeeze a lot out of the AD trade, and find a solid GM to guide the organization, we could see some better days ahead.

Would have liked to see AD do well and build a championship team, but he doesn't seem interested for whatever reason. Bummer, but we gotta move on.

David Aldridge
?
@davidaldridgedc
Danny Ferry’s committed to be interim GM for the rest of the season in New Orleans, while everyone, including him and ownership, understands the final call on whether he becomes the full-time GM will happen after the season ends. Pels will still look at external candidates.

Demps traded Robin Lopez, still a valuable load-bearing center who could’ve done Davis’s dirty work, for the right to sign Tyreke Evans. That ripped open a hole in the middle, which Demps sought to fill first by trading a first-round pick for Omer Asik, and then by spending a combined $80 million to retain Asik and Alexis Ajinca—not the best use of resources with the league on the verge of a pace-and-space boom. During the 2016 salary cap spike, Demps spent New Orleans’s tax refund on Solomon Hill, who has never even grasped at the hem of being productive enough to justify his $52 million dea

All the while, Demps allowed the players he’d imported who still retained value around the league—guys like Eric Gordon, Ryan Anderson, and Al-Farouq Aminu—to walk in free agency for nothing, rather than finding ways to flip them for young talent or draft capital. That the Pelicans wasted Davis’s first six seasons in New Orleans can be traced, in large part, back to Demps’s inability to build a sustainably competitive roster around him. You can certainly quibble with how Davis has handled his attempt to leave town. The why, though, is pretty understandable.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/2/15/18226666/dell-demps-fired-new-orleans-pelicans-gm

hammer meet nail

found this on the interwebs too

NBA source tells me:

Feeling is Alvin Gentry is doing well given circumstances and players are responding.

But next GM will have compete control regarding head coach.

As I reported two days ago, even if not HC, Alvin could remain as consultant/analyst.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom