I know we have a pels board but (2018/19 edition) (3 Viewers)

Dz-ZJSDW0AAsE_f

AD is a beta and a lebron groupie. For as much talent as he has he is always hurt and many times non existent in crunch time in the fourth. I have always been a fan but Klutch has changed AD for the worse. I am all in for Tatum.

NBA needs franchise tag like NFL. Would cut down on players stacking a team.
Franchise tag in the NBA as constructed in the NFL would never work as the players would never go for it.

What I propose is that a NBA franchise tag gives the team the right to franchise a player for one year and one year only. But the player could at any point during the Franchise tag year sign a 5year Supermax deal. So if the player gets hurt, he can always sign his Supermax deal or if he changes his mind about leaving, he can sign it. This way the Franchise Tag would only get used on Franchise players and they wouldn't lose any money if they got hurt during their tag year. You wouldn't franchise tag Kemba Walker or Draymond Green using this. Only guys like Bron/AD/Giannis etc.

Franchise tag in the NBA as constructed in the NFL would never work as the players would never go for it.

What I propose is that a NBA franchise tag gives the team the right to franchise a player for one year and one year only. But the player could at any point during the Franchise tag year sign a 5year Supermax deal. So if the player gets hurt, he can always sign his Supermax deal or if he changes his mind about leaving, he can sign it. This way the Franchise Tag would only get used on Franchise players and they wouldn't lose any money if they got hurt during their tag year. You wouldn't franchise tag Kemba Walker or Draymond Green using this. Only guys like Bron/AD/Giannis etc.

I would be surprised if Charolette wasn't willing to tag Kemba. I would kill for him to come to the Pels.

Nice, he seems to have a solid mid range shot. Those are hard to find. A lot of players it's 3 pointers and close to the rim, but have a harder time knocking down mid range shots consistently.

Nice, he seems to have a solid mid range shot. Those are hard to find. A lot of players it's 3 pointers and close to the rim, but have a harder time knocking down mid range shots consistently.

A backcourt of Walker, Holiday and Tatum. Its a big dream, but man, it would make losing AD not hurt.

NBA needs franchise tag like NFL. Would cut down on players stacking a team.

I and lots of other people have said if the NBA really wanted to end the team stacking they could in an instant by getting rid of the individual max. I'm not entirely sure they want to though. I'm all for a player deciding where he wants to play and all that good stuff but there is a right way to go about it and a wrong way and AD has gone really hard toward the "wrong way" lane and the NBA isn't helping with the "you have to play him" bit. I get why the NBA and everyone involved would want that but it's not fair to the franchise or to AD.

I and lots of other people have said if the NBA really wanted to end the team stacking they could in an instant by getting rid of the individual max. I'm not entirely sure they want to though. I'm all for a player deciding where he wants to play and all that good stuff but there is a right way to go about it and a wrong way and AD has gone really hard toward the "wrong way" lane and the NBA isn't helping with the "you have to play him" bit. I get why the NBA and everyone involved would want that but it's not fair to the franchise or to AD.
These players are divas. I honestly thought AD would commit here and not follow everyone else. I guess I was wrong.

While I know this will never happen due to the financial implications, I really think that the NBA should contract down to 16-20 teams, with an 8-10 team post-season. Yes, I know that would likely spell doom for a New Orleans franchise, but it would give the NBA what they want - multiple stars in big market leagues. This could also help eliminate the "tanking" for top draft spots.

I'm more of a hockey guy than a basketball guy, but I've also been saying this about the NHL for years.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom