I know we have a pels board but (2018/19 edition) (2 Viewers)

Woj bomb

Lakers coaching staff fully expected to be fired in hours after the final game of the season. They had believed they were gone for months. Now? Magic quits in public, saying he's too scared to tell Jeanie Buss face-to-face. What an embarrassing episode for a historic franchise.

This is better than TV drama

This is great. This is speculation if you will but info I got from multiple places. So Jerry West aka the Logo wanted to come back to the Lakers as POBO but Jeanie Buss said no and hired Magic. Then Magic wanted to fire Like Walton and Jeanie said no so Magic quit.

He's been in the league a long, long time. I'm getting old, lol.

I remember where I was the day both he and Wade were drafted (though years apart). I was at the same buddies house in Lakeview looking to score with one of his sister’s friends.

Both times I failed which left me to tuning to sportcenter and seeing who had been drafted.

I know this is a thread for the Pellies but this THIS is what happens when you don't shut up and dribble

I'm a grown arse man who isn't ashamed to admit it made me cry

holy crap im completely a wash in tears.

His mom is right. He is a man who is bigger than basketball.

WOW. Much respect for D Wade. WOW.

Wow.

I had no idea.

That was an awesome video.

Was wondering how beer had anything to do with anything but now realize that it hits a viewer that needs to hear the message.

#ISawGodInMyBeer last night

Last edited:
Last night was the most I've watched a Mavs game in years. It's felt like this was it for Dirk. But wow, last night was incredible. On the court, he dropped 30 points. But off the court, after the game was truly amazing. A video played with Dirk talking about his basketball heroes and inspirations. Charles Barkley, Scottie Pippen, Larry Bird, Shawn Kemp and Detlef Shrempf. Then the house lights start to come up and all 5 of them are standing on the court. Each gave a speech about Dirk and words of encouragement. It was after this, when Dirk took the mic that he said this was his last home game. Man, 21 years. I remember when the Bucks and Mavs traded picks, Dirk for Robert Trailor. I remember he and Nash with the bleach blonde hair color. I don't think anyone then could see him and say future 1st ballot Hall of Famer. But here we are.

His last game is tonight in San Antonio. If its anything like his games in other arenas have been, I expect the Spurs and their fans to give him a loud round of applause. Maybe Popovich may smile with him. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom