I know we have a pels board but (2018/19 edition) (4 Viewers)

Players can get injured. The problem is when 2 or 3 of your top players get injured at the same time. Thatsh happened (or worse) every year Gentry has been here.

And all coaches need the exact right roster for their systems. You can argue Phil Jackson needed multiple HOFers for his system to work.

Gentry has been a head coach for all or part of 16 NBA seasons with 5 different teams. In those 16 seasons he's been to the playoffs 3 times, and never been to the finals. He's had a winning record in 4 of 16 seasons as a HC.

I think he is a good guy and good assistant. He's not a good head coach IMO.

1) The Griff hire is “meh” to me. I don’t love it, but I don’t hate it. His success is a bit inflated due to the fact he was GM for the Lebrons (errr the Cavs), and having the best player on the planet (who is motivated to win a Championship for his city) has a way of helping you look smart. He drafted Anthony Bennet, and crapped the bed on the Kyrie for Paul George trade. Then again, he didn’t squander Lebron’s talent either.

2) Gentry is the Norv Turner of NBA coaches. How he is able to return is a testament to “the more things change, the more they stay the same.” Sure, we have a new POBO, but we still have a coach with a sub .500 record. This isn’t a sexy move, in fact it’s a dumb move. Whoever gave the green light on this move should be stripped of decision making for a while. He is a great guy. The community loves him. All good. But that and poor rotations, poor coaching, and not enough control in the locker room will only get you a guy to bring the chicken wings to the playoff watching party. Bad move.

All that said, to new beginnings.

assuming they could convince AD to stay (I know, I know...) what would a redemption story look like? Would it even have a chance?

Now, in real life, I'm assuming that proverbial ship has sailed. And ascended into the sky. And broken the atmosphere. And left orbit. And sped past a few planets. And is currently navigating the Kuiper Belt.

But what would it have to look like, you know, theoretically?
Burt Reynolds in the longest yard

The thing that irks me about that Jump video is that they say we have no young talent on the team.

If it wasn’t for the Pelicans young talent there wouldn’t have been anything to watch during the games.

Frank Jackson
Christian Woods
Kenrich Williams
Jahlil Okafor
Elfrid Payton

There is young talent here.

Lillard is just bananas now. That dude is having a career game.

Wonder if he'll have enough gas left in the 4th quarter.

The thing that irks me about that Jump video is that they say we have no young talent on the team.

If it wasn’t for the Pelicans young talent there wouldn’t have been anything to watch during the games.

Frank Jackson
Christian Woods
Kenrich Williams
Jahlil Okafor
Elfrid Payton

There is young talent here.
The love to hate on us. I'm definitely excited about Jackson, Williams & Woods. We can build something here.

Yeah, but his numbers vs Dame this year weren’t as impressive as they were during that playoff series. Perhaps there is Playoff Jrue like there is Playoff Rondo.
There was definitely a playoff Dame last night

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom