I know we have a pels board but (2018/19 edition) (5 Viewers)

I LOVE attending NBA games. So much better than watching on TV. But I'm not a huge basketball fan (I miss CP3 and big head Peja). I WANT to like the Pelicans; but I admit, I'll only be a fair weather, bandwagon fan.
Ha! I was still stationed in NC, but I used to run around my house with a homemade "Peja Head" after 3's.

That first half was amazing - 71 points vs HOU on the road....

AD dishing behind the back feeds to cutters .... I mean, this could get interesting.

I LOVE attending NBA games. So much better than watching on TV. But I'm not a huge basketball fan (I miss CP3 and big head Peja). I WANT to like the Pelicans; but I admit, I'll only be a fair weather, bandwagon fan.

Well welcome aboard, because I think this season is going to be a year that pulls a lot of folks like you in.

q8UaUBu.jpg

We should win the next 4. Last season we would have split at best.... This year we realize our potential and beat the shirty teams and win 30 home games

If we can split vs the top half of the west I'll be ecstatic. We typically do well against the east.

Nobody cares about basketball
Agree to disagree. But curious, on the EE thread which is not about football, why you would take the time just to crap on the other major league sport in the New Orleans area? I'll never root for my hometown to fail and I am sad people do.

Ok, back to relevant conversation... Randle and Payton make the "loss" of rondo and boogie feel a lot less impactful. We may not need a wing if our core is Payton, jrue, mirotic, randle and Davis. With Moore getting 20 often too.

If you are not excited about this team than you are like bayouboy and that's fine. The rest of us should be drooling thinking about how talented this team is.

Boogie was a super talented, big, one on one, ball hogging, scoring machine... and was exactly what we didn't need with AD and Holiday running and gunning the floor.

Mirotic, Randle, and Payton fit what this team needed....

Losing Rondo hurts a bit (experience-wise).... but Patyon (IMO) is the same type of player as Rondo, only younger and hungrier.... whatever we lose in Rondo's experience we'll gain back in hustle from Payton.... and losing Boogie was a blessing in disguise because it allowed us to bring in 2 guys that fit better and can also produce, while allowing Mirotic to get more "pace and space" time.

Im still blown away by the performance Weds against the Rockets. I mean,I actually paused the game at the half to call my wife into the room to see that we hung 71 POINTS on the freaking ROCKETS in the first half. She wasnt nearly as enthused,but did respond "damn,thats insane" lol. I am very cautiously optimistic about the season,but we have to play every game with that intensity,and touch AND stay healthy. Thats going to be the key.

I cannot wait to see how we perform against the other Western Conf top tier teams like OKC (w/westbrook back), Portland, Utah, Minny (preimplosion) Spurs (yes they still matter) and Lakers (sigh). Based on what we saw Wednesday night, we should make a solid run against those team. The warriors still worry me, but I think we are at least in a better position to push them.

My hope is a top 4 seed and we are able to make the conf finals before we have to see them in the playoffs. I know its early and its been one game. But goals are goals for a reason.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom