I know we have a pels board but (2018/19 edition) (2 Viewers)

Great game last night. Hopefully this means the 6 game skid was a bigger aberration than the 4 game start. Back to .500 and looking great. Jrue really balled last night.

Great game last night. Hopefully this means the 6 game skid was a bigger aberration than the 4 game start. Back to .500 and looking great. Jrue really balled last night.
i think the skid was about a new (to each other) team trying to gel and then AD goes down and all chemistry goes out the window
it probably won't be til mid-season or so until we can weather any extended AD absence

i think the skid was about a new (to each other) team trying to gel and then AD goes down and all chemistry goes out the window
it probably won't be til mid-season or so until we can weather any extended AD absence

I think that having AD on the floor really allows Jrue to play his game on the defensive end and vice versa. If you can turn Jrue loose to shut down the best backcourt player for the other team, games like last night will happen. I believe the pair of AD and Jrue are the defensive life source of the team's success this year and one without the other will lead to games where our defense looks really bad. If they stay healthy I think 50 wins is an easy target. If not, it could get nasty.

Jrue has crushed the spirit of every opponent he has faced defensively. Pretty amazing to watch.

Big game tonight against the new Timberwolves sans butler.

National television tipoff @ 7

Looks like the Timberwolves are going to be our krytonite once again. :jpshakehead:

I don't understand why it always happens that when I miss a game (like the Raptors game two nights ago) the Pels play like world beaters. Then I watch the broadcast against this Minnesota team with a losing record, and they are ripping us to death at halftime.
It drives me insane! :covri:

glad they rallied - had a pretty good feeling they would because Knicks, but didn't see how they fell into that 19 pt hole to begin with

This may be a Jekyll & Hyde team all year. I've never seen so many missed layups in my life. (Not from a pro team anyway)
The Pels will definitely need better defense and a better shooting percentage than what we saw last night to have a chance for a playoff season. Now with Payton out for a while, someone is going to really have to step up to avoid being in another big hole in the standings.

This may be a Jekyll & Hyde team all year. I've never seen so many missed layups in my life. (Not from a pro team anyway)
The Pels will definitely need better defense and a better shooting percentage than what we saw last night to have a chance for a playoff season. Now with Payton out for a while, someone is going to really have to step up to avoid being in another big hole in the standings.

That was just a sloppy game all around, and those are going to come during a long season. Luckily the Knicks are pretty bad, and the Pels did a good job hanging in there and coming back. I'll take the W.

Granted we can't play like that and expect to win consistently, but they played defense when it finally counted (and I think defense is this team's weapon), and eeked it out in front of the home crowd (such as it was).

I thought we were gonna beat Minny too.

Payton broke his finger. Awesome

We have won 4 of the last 5

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom