I know we have a pels board but (2018/19 edition) (1 Viewer)

Good thing is there is no rush on this. AD is under contract through the 2019-2020 season. Pels can offer him the supermax after this season. If he turns it down then you know you have your answer and you have all off season and up to the trade deadline to deal him. Celtics can offer the most in terms of assets and draft picks plus there's the added bonus of getting him out of the western conference. Of course they would have to know that he would re-sign with them otherwise they won't take the risk. I don't like the fact that its assumed he's going to the Lakers. If the Lakers truly are the best offer you get then fine, but why give in to Lebron make another superteam in your own conference.
If he does to the Lakers for that dog sheet offer of Kuzma, Ball, Ingram, and whatever else I will sweat off basketball forever. There is absolutely nothing LA can offer you short of Lebron that would make sense, or give you a sense of not being hosed on the deal.

This article is very concerning because there's truth to it.

Last season, the Pelicans suffered the most player games lost due to injury, per an InStreetClothes.com analysis, costing the team nearly $30 million in lost salary. The season before that, they ranked third-last in games lost due to injury. The season before that, they ranked dead-last again. Over the last five seasons, the Pelicans have lost the second-most games due to injury or illness. Only the Sixers have fared worse over the last five seasons, which has been well-chronicled.

This pattern isn’t a total anomaly if you ask rival team executives, who have long chided the Pelicans’ medical team for being run by “football guys” instead of those who have experience in the NBA. Fair or not, the Pelicans are fighting against a league-wide perception.

“The organization only cares about the Saints,” one league exec told NBC Sports.

https://deadspin.com/report-football-guys-have-broken-the-pelicans-and-ma-1831475626

While I agree that there is some truth to this, you can blame the training staff I suppose, but also remember that guys like Kawaii Leonard, Eric Gordon, and others fake injury for whatever reason, and then don’t play (which I think is really odd that they still collect checks for games not played). Teams can’t force players to play when they are “injured” and I honestly wonder how often players use that to their advantage.

back to back wins... 4-2 over the last 6 and getting 3ko back in 2 games. we are poised to rattle off 10 games in a row.

I hope so. When is Miritoc coming back?

maybe tomorrow but most likely vs the wolves. so best case scenario is this weekend.

I am still surprised we waived Harrison as he played pretty decently in Memphis last season and we are so depleted at 1-3 depth. I mean k Williams was first off the bench last night. I wonder what we do with the roster spot?

I won’t be impressed until we rattle off consecutive wins vs legit playoff teams. Right now we are just winning, but this doesn’t mean the ship has been righted.
We finally got elfrid back. We are already way better. Niko is the key that turns our offense.

Bruh they just clipped Frank Jackson. Dude has back to back great games and just out jumped AD for an oop. He didn't get it but jrue knew he could get it.

Delly is a punk and all hail Frank storming Mormon Jackson.

Oh yeah Niko has hit 60% of 3s in his first game back.

I won’t be impressed until we rattle off consecutive wins vs legit playoff teams. Right now we are just winning, but this doesn’t mean the ship has been righted.
Your boy had had great back to back games and we are playing extremely well and getting healthier every game.

This is a dangerous team when healthy. I guarantee you the other Western Conference teams hope that we don’t make it to the postseason.

This is a dangerous team when healthy. I guarantee you the other Western Conference teams hope that we don’t make it to the postseason.
And Moore didn't play. I said before 2 of our starters missed weeks that this roster is scary good.

I still wanna move diallo, Johnson and hill. If we can get Carroll from the nets we would be a bonafide deep playoff team.

Bruh they just clipped Frank Jackson. Dude has back to back great games and just out jumped AD for an oop. He didn't get it but jrue knew he could get it.

Delly is a punk and all hail Frank storming Mormon Jackson.

Jackson played great last night and Delly is more than a punk. That call was total BS and unbelievable. He didn't even try to hide the fact that he was aiming for his face.

Last night the first half was frusturating but everyone had to know that the cavs couldn't continue to shoot that hot all game. But many teams in the west can, so we need to tighten up on some of that perimeter defense.

Talent is there... Coaching, defense, discipline, and ball security will keep this team at or around .500 with a coin flip shot in/at the playoffs.

No way should a team with a yearly MVP candidate (Davis)... an All-Defensive stud (Holiday)... and 3 guys that have legit All-Star talent / potential (Holiday, Niko, and Randle).... be perpetually inconsistent and disappointing.

I will follow them from a distance at this point until they get a coach... hope it's soon... before all this talent is wasted.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom