I know we have a pels board but (2018/19 edition) (1 Viewer)

Suit him up and play him the last minute of the first half every night.

I'm watching in a restaurant with no audio. What did he say?

On another note, that's a lot of empty seats for a Friday night game.

paraphrasing of course and he did take a small jab at Gayle but it was basically "Gayle Benson had a perfect opportunity to stand up for all small market teams and their owners and blew. How dare the NBA threaten the Pelicans with fines and other punishment if they don't play AD, If I was Gayle I would have asked the Commissioner how much do I make the check out for. It's absurd that AD can do whats best for him and the NBA can do whats best for them but the Pelicans can't do whats best for the Franchise"

paraphrasing of course and he did take a small jab at Gayle but it was basically "Gayle Benson had a perfect opportunity to stand up for all small market teams and their owners and blew. How dare the NBA threaten the Pelicans with fines and other punishment if they don't play AD, If I was Gayle I would have asked the Commissioner how much do I make the check out for. It's absurd that AD can do whats best for him and the NBA can do whats best for them but the Pelicans can't do whats best for the Franchise"

This is spot on. Anthony Davis can bail on the team while attempting to manipulate a trade yet the Pelicans can't act in their own obvious best interests?

This is spot on. Anthony Davis can bail on the team while attempting to manipulate a trade yet the Pelicans can't act in their own obvious best interests?

Agreed 100% Hell If I was his team mate I wouldn't even want him out there. JVG "how can the fans cheer him?"

Agreed 100% Hell If I was his team mate I wouldn't even want him out there. JVG "how can the fans cheer him?"
Most fans are casual and know nothing. If anything, they're fans of the player first before the team.

Anthony Davis:
"That was definitely awkward," Davis said. "Boo? OK. It doesn't matter to me. I'm going to go out there and play basketball. I was [surprised]. But hey, that's life, man. Some people are not gonna like me. I'm just happy to be back on the floor playing the game that I love."

Tf are you surprised about bruh? You just told this fanbase and franchise not only to go screw themselves, but take whatever trash L.A. has becuase thats where I want to go next.

You haven't been here all that long and right as you hit your peak as a player, screw nola? And you are surprised when they boo you now?

Coddled delusional athlete.

In my opinion I don't think the fine would have been the problem. The league also threatened them with loss of draft picks. I believe the way to rebuild this franchise the right way will be through acquiring young talent and if the league starts stripping us of the picks we aquire in any trade would have been tough to swallow and I doubt they would have taken away meaningless picks. They would have hit us where they can hurt us the most especially with the way the Lakers are being portrayed as the victims in this whole mess.

I have some mixed feelings about all this.

Would AD feel better about playing here if the arena was more than 30% full?

And with respect to Jeff Van Gundy last night, he is spot on. What’s interesting to me is that the reason the league is twisting the Pels arm is for TV ratings so they play Marquee players. JVD is a television commentator. He’s part of the quilt and he’s willing to speak out. Good for him.

Last edited:
I have some mixed feelings about all this.

Would AD feel better about playing here if the arena was more than 30% full?

And with respect to Jeff Van Gundy last night, he is spot on. What’s interesting to me is that the reason the league is twisting the Pels arm is for TV ratings so they play Marquee players. JVD is a television commentator. He’s part of the quilt and he’s willing to speak out. Good for him.

The way I see it is that I don't think anything has to be mutually exclusive.

It is both true that the organization failed to put a consistently good team around AD in the 7 years he has been here. That it is justifiable to come to the conclusion that what is best for his legacy, his well being, and his wants and needs are to seek a new start somewhere else.

But it is also true that AD has so far gone about this is in an incredibly callous, selfish, and destructive way that is going to likely have knockdown effects on our short term team and organizational culture, our long-term prospects of recovering in the post-AD era, and that AD's outright embrace of this strategy and indifference to the harm he has actively brought to fans and the organization is justifiable grounds toward being highly critical and angry at AD.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom