i know we have the weapons on offense (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I have a question to ask, why are we not gettin the ball to joe horn in the red zone? for years since he's been here as long as brooks was around, when we were in the red zone, every arm-chair coach in the world knew that if we didn't run the ball in it would go to joe horn in the endzone, and (just estimating) he would come down with it 80%-85% of the time. Today he caught a 71yd td between 3 defenders and I may have saw maybe 2 or 3 more passes to him,( i remeber he dropped a third down pass)is it he isn't getting open or drew brees doesn't have enough faith in his arm to try to get it to him in tight spaces or he doesn't think he may come away with it?

I don't have the advantage of seeing game film but I would say its because Horn isn't open. Just by watching Brees play over the past 10 games I can say he's the kind of QB where if you're open you're getting the ball no matter who you are. That's evident by the fact that every game it seems like he's getting passes to 10 or more receivers.

Joe was open on the interception thrown in front of Campbell. We stink in the red zone because we can't run the ball when we need to and every DC knows it.

I have a question to ask, why are we not gettin the ball to joe horn in the red zone? for years since he's been here as long as brooks was around, when we were in the red zone, every arm-chair coach in the world knew that if we didn't run the ball in it would go to joe horn in the endzone, and (just estimating) he would come down with it 80%-85% of the time. Today he caught a 71yd td between 3 defenders and I may have saw maybe 2 or 3 more passes to him,( i remeber he dropped a third down pass)is it he isn't getting open or drew brees doesn't have enough faith in his arm to try to get it to him in tight spaces or he doesn't think he may come away with it?

Its simple......Brees lost his confidence in his ability to deliver the ball throwing 2 INTs in the end zone!......this happens to the best of them when facing such adversity.....twice picked by throwing in the end zone, Brees chocked!....and Horn did what he does so well......DISAPEARD after a TD catch!

the one positive thing i can say is that in years past we would be in the playoff hunt up until december( when we couldn't win a game in december) at least we may get the bad games out of our system by then and maybe get it back rolling by then, because just like the steelers of last yr, if we start playn our best football in december in build some momentum IF we can make the playoffs we may make some noise.

i think joe an deuce are nowhere close to being 100% an when colston went down it showed joe was not a 100%. he would have been the man at 100%

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom