I like it when.., (3 Viewers)

I like it when I am out on a bike tour in some far flung country and I have busted my arse peddling up mountains all day. Peddling into headwinds and across flats. Peddling and peddling as though there is nothing else in the world to be done. I feel the strain to lift my cold beer after setting up my tent for the night. I strain against my own abilities, limitations, and perhaps my own mortality, and realize that I have nothing left. I'm spent, done, kaputz. And then I look up and stare out off of a cliff onto a view that wasn't meant for mere mortals to see and think "damn, it was worth it, it was all worth it"

I like it when i catch the knowing and interested glances of rapt students as I cover a topic that I think is important, but difficult, and that I included in the syllabus even though I thought that maybe it was a little beyond the classes' ability level. They are learning, their world is getting a little bigger, doors are opening, and their potential is getting a little closer to being fulfilled.

I like it when people do their jobs correctly and I don't have to fix their ****.

I like it when I have enough time to read all 10 of the SR tabs I opened.

I like it when none of those threads turn into a rabbit hole I should have known to never go down. "Unicorn Pit Hair" comes to mind.

I like it when I can crack open a brand new book and breathe in that new book smell.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom